Forums Latest Members

Tag Heuer Formula 1 potential purchase

1. danwel

danwel Jun 8, 2022

So I have ended up down a bit of a black hole with the watches and looking for watches after getting the mechanical heads for my connected 45 watch.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, my oldest in particular has taken a liking to my watches and whilst he is only 12 I am thinking that one day, perhaps 16/17/18 it would be a nice touch to get him a Tag Heuer too.

Not entirely sure what to be going for but I think something on a metal strap would be ideal and the Formula 1's seems to fit the bill unless there are others i should consider.

Budget wise, I would say in the £250-£500 max

I've had a little look on eBay and found 2 that look nice and have given me a bit of a bench mark, the first one i really like and looks to have done a good job repolishing it and the second one i also like as i love red lol.

Any advice or tips would be gratefully received or even suggestions of watches to look for. As I said, I am not in any great rush and prepared to wait out of the right condition and priced watch.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185452870923?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155028010049?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Albert-AMG likes this.
  2. imagwai

imagwai Jun 8, 2022

I used to own that red one. It was a great watch. Obviously it's quartz so very reliable.
    DSCF0816b.jpg

Albert-AMG, danwel and Jim Dollares like this.
  3. danwel

danwel Jun 8, 2022

Yeah i am quite taken by the red one although it has shot up in price on eBay now and then there is the plus 20% VAT as it is an import so that one is out but I guess half the fun is looking for a bargain and the right watch lol