Forums Latest Members

WTB: Tag Heuer Monaco 40th Anniversary CAW211A.EB0026

1. fgoulding

fgoulding Dec 16, 2015

I know these are like hens teeth but I'm keen to buy one that has it's original box and spare strap.

I've seen one for sale on watchfinder.co.uk for 10K sterling which I think is a bit too steep.

Would be great if someone has one for sale or could point me in the direction of one.

Many thanks indeed :)

2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 16, 2015

Good luck with the search. I was lucky enough to find one last year, still "new" from an Authorized Dealer in Europe.

fgoulding likes this.
  3. AussieAlex

AussieAlex Dec 17, 2015

There's one on eBay Australia at the moment at AU$7,000 (roughly 3,300GBP).

Edit: Actually, that's not a CAW211A, it's a CAW211P. Strange, the seller lists it as a CW2111. I wonder what you'll get if you buy it?

Edited Dec 17, 2015
    fgoulding likes this.
  4. AussieAlex

AussieAlex Dec 17, 2015

Earlier this year, I remember one being offered for sale on a Porsche forum.
    I can't recall the price, but the seller's name is Stewart. You can email him at, sellATplatesDOTcomDOTau

fgoulding likes this.
  5. fgoulding

fgoulding Dec 18, 2015

Thanks Hubert, what do you think would be a fair price today?

6. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 19, 2015

Last year during my search, I found a couple of 40th Anniversary owners that were willing to sell theirs, but also trying to make a profit. A year later with the release of the CAW211P at about half of the Anniversary's price, I wouldn't be surprised if the value of the CAW211A went lower.

In the end, I was pretty lucky to find one while searching inventory in Europe's Authorized Dealer network and I even got it with a discount, as it had been sitting in Poland unsold for years.

Edited Dec 19, 2015
  7. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 19, 2015

Really hard to know what these are worth these days. I can still see them getting a premium over the standard CAW211P, but surely that premium will come down?

8. fgoulding

fgoulding Dec 19, 2015

I saw one for £9.5K sterling which seems a bit steep to me. So I might go for the CAW211P but I saw that model in a Tag Heuer boutique and the watch face seemed a little dull. They call it denim blue and it's not very vibrant, like the other models. But it is still a fine watch and a really good option compared to the 40th.

I'm travelling to Melbourne next month (via London) and I'm told they have the CAW211P at the Tag Heuer shop in the airport. I'm wondering if duty free it might be a bargain (at least 10% off list) as I'm just a bit wary of buying on the grey market.

9. Chipper

Chipper Guest Apr 26, 2016

10. Chipper

Chipper Guest Apr 26, 2016

I have a CAW211a.EB0026 which I am prepared to sell. It is in mint condition as it has hardly been worn. I have all paperwork, box, straps, tools & the book which is unopened. I even have the original receipt.

fgoulding likes this.
  11. fgoulding

fgoulding Apr 27, 2016

Interesting. How much would that be?