Forums Latest Members

WTB: Tag Heuer 1964 Re-Edition CS3111

1. Krnome

Krnome Oct 12, 2016

Hello, I want too buy the Heritage version of the Heuer Carrera: Re-Edition CS3111 (1964) with black dial.

Do anybody know what price range I would expect?
    Anybody here who has one for sale?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Big Adam

Big Adam Oct 12, 2016

If a separate deal I'm making comes through, I may have one available from this coming Friday.
    Where are you based?

Krnome likes this.
  3. imagwai

imagwai Oct 12, 2016

These are getting harder to find in good condition I think. I paid about £1400 for mine over a year ago. One in top notch condition now could go for over £2000 but you might find a private sale for more like £1600-1800. But as with any older/vintage watch, condition is king and it can be a seller's market. However, using UK prices is a little misleading because of the recent variation in the value of sterling (£). In fact, if you're based outside the UK, a UK sale could make a lot of sense right now. Current sales for this watch on Chrono24 show prices from about $2000-$3000.

Of course what I've written is all caveated on it being my own personal and somewhat limited view of the market (I don't follow prices of these daily). But it's in the right ballpark.

Krnome likes this.
  4. Krnome

Krnome Oct 12, 2016

I'm based in Norway

5. Big Adam

Big Adam Oct 12, 2016

In that case, I'll bump the price up. Everything's expensive in Norway!
    Imagwai is in right ballpark although my piece does have one small quirk. The caseback is marked CS3110 (as in the white dial version). All 100% authentic and it's very likely been that way from the day it was born.
    I'll post pics this weekend if my Friday deal comes through.

6. Krnome

Krnome Oct 12, 2016

That's not good. As a Student one has a smaller budget. Yes it's indeed! I hope you, Big Adam will understand.

7. Big Adam

Big Adam Oct 14, 2016

OK, good news, my deal came off so my CS3111 is up for grabs.
    To give you a bit of history, it's this beauty here, purchased direct from Nic at Chronomatic:
    http://chronomatic.com/reeditioncarrera.html

The watch head is exactly as shown in the link (it's never been worn outdoors) and is complete with original caseback sticker as shown.
    As I mentioned above, it has the quirk where the caseback is stamped CS3110.

I removed the non-original strap and fitted a very dark brown Hirsch rally strap. You can see this in this thread:
    http://forums.calibre11.com/threads/my-modest-collection.37696/#post-433879
    It also did not come with it's original 18mm buckle, but again I purchased one separately. Same as this:
    http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/tK8AAOSwv0tVbIZE/s-l300.jpg

The watch did not come with it's original box/case but I purchased one separately with booklet. Same as this:
    http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE5NVgxNjAw/z/WjkAAOSwl9BWJS1c/$_1.JPG

Insured delivery to Norway is pretty pricey so I'm going to have to ask £1600 net to me.

EDIT: I just found the black perforated strap shown in the Chronomatic pics. I'll throw that in too!

Edited Oct 14, 2016
    Krnome likes this.
  8. imagwai

imagwai Oct 14, 2016

Looks like a pretty good deal to me.

Krnome and Big Adam like this.
  9. Krnome

Krnome Oct 14, 2016

WOW! That's indeed a nice piece! Unfortunately it's still a bit too high price for me. Able too lower it some? I'm willing too negotiate. What shipping method do you want too use? FEDEX? DHL?

10. Krnome

Krnome Oct 14, 2016

Can you also add a picture here on the forum with all the things gathered in one pictures, please?

11. Big Adam

Big Adam Oct 14, 2016

Sure. Just getting my kids ready for bed and then I'll sort one out. :)

Krnome likes this.
  12. Big Adam

Big Adam Oct 14, 2016

OK, terrible photos but hopefully gives you what you want. Clockwise from top left:
    1) Outer box
    2) Inner case (propped open with warranty card in second pic.)
    3) Instruction booklet
    4) Blank warranty card (I didn't want this but came with case.
    5) Black leather racing strap
    6) NOS Genuine Heuer 16mm buckle (still sealed - the buckle pin and spring bar are inside the tiny TAG bag.
    7) Oh yeah, the CS3111 on chocolate Hirsch rally strap.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With regards the price, it's the postage and insurance that's the killer. I'm happy with £1500 net to me if you arrange your own courier.
    It's a deal, it's a steal! :D

coffeeyen and dtf like this.
  13. dtf

dtf Oct 14, 2016

That's really nice, if it was the version with the daytona rings I'd be really tempted

14. coffeeyen

coffeeyen Oct 15, 2016

Big Adam I'd have gotten it from you if I don't already have the CS3113... though it's not a steal, considering the package and you the seller, it's still a good deal! :thumbsup:

15. Krnome

Krnome Oct 19, 2016

Very nice indeed! But sadly it's a bit too much for me right now. I would love too buy it but the money isn't reaching the price you're asking Adam. Sorry. Another thing. Shouldn't the hands be white on all three registers?

16. Big Adam

Big Adam Oct 19, 2016

Wow! Well that caught me by surprise! I think you're right. And it's not just the three sub-dials. My chrono hand is silver too!
    Given the CS3110 caseback stamp and the fact THAT model has silver hands, maybe I do have a franken-edition, essentially the CS3110 but with a CS3111 dial? How weird!
    Sorry fella. You have eagle-eyes!

Krnome likes this.
  17. Krnome

Krnome Oct 19, 2016

Yes, it's odd. Can it be an early re-edition?

18. imagwai

imagwai Oct 19, 2016

Maybe the previous owner swapped the dials - either through necessity or personal preference?

19. Big Adam

Big Adam Oct 19, 2016

The important question is do I halve the asking price......or double it?
    :D

imagwai likes this.
  20. Krnome

Krnome Feb 14, 2017

Still interested in getting a CS3111! Hope anybody here can help me :)