Forums Latest Members

WTB - Monaco - The Paradoxical Superstar (book)

1. tricky92

tricky92 Jan 13, 2021

Would love to purchase this book, and would appreciate any leads on how to make that happen.

Or, if anyone has a copy they would part with, willing to pay a competitive price.

Thanks!

2. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 13, 2021

Try eBay sir. Once in awhile it will come up. Try different domains also. Like US, UK, Australia. Got mine thru the kindness of sir Rob @Aquagraph :thumbsup: Got my copy at the UK but seller won’t send outside UK, so sir Rob gladly helped me get it then he sent it to me ;)

Only limited copies were printed. Some TH boutiques give it as a freebies after buying Monacos from them, some doesn’t even have it. There were no available copy in my country even in TH boutiques so had to source it abroad :thumbsup:

3. tricky92

tricky92 Jan 14, 2021

Thank you!

I've been checking out eBay like every other day for the past couple of months with my fingers crossed. I picked up the 211P a few months ago and thought it'd be awesome to have this book to accompany it. I wish TH would just make a re-issue and put it up for sale. But then I guess the mystique would evaporate. I'll keep trying! This book has replaced all watches as my holy grail! Ha!

Jim Dollares and kappa_md like this.
  4. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 14, 2021

If you love your Heuer Monaco CAW211P, you may want to check out the other SMQ book which were co-produced by TAG Heuer :thumbsup:
    BD24776D-20D2-4BFE-8AF9-184E4E478CC6.jpeg
    Unforgettable Steve McQueen. Our dear speedster @Mspeedster can probably share his SMQ Monaco shrine ;) One of the coolest things I’ve seen here :cool:

tricky92 likes this.
  5. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jan 15, 2021

@kappa_md, that is a different cover to what I have seen for sale. Is there more than one edition of Unforgettable SMQ?

6. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 15, 2021

It’s just a different cover sir @Mr_Orange . But the contents are the same. I also have the SMQ driving a roadster cover. But yeah, it’s pretty much the same. This cover is the one from TH given as a freebie. I was surprised that this book is basically a photobook of SMQ :cool:

Mr_Orange likes this.
  7. tricky92

tricky92 Jan 25, 2021

A big shout out and thank you goes to member @xgeryx for reaching out to me and parting with his copy of The Paradoxical Superstar.

Been searching for this book for months, so this is very much appreciated!

8. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jan 25, 2021

Glad to see the forum love and passion being shared. Hope you enjoy the book @tricky92

tricky92 likes this.
  9. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 25, 2021

Congratulations! ::psy::

Enjoy reading the book and wear your Monaco in good health! ::rimshot::

Good to see Calibre11 forumers helping out each other ::love::

tricky92 likes this.
  10. trkevin

trkevin Feb 5, 2022

I'm now looking for the Heuer Monaco "The Paradoxical Superstar"-book.

If you haven't read your copy in a long time, just want to sell your copy or comes across a copy, let me know!
    It will come to a Monaco loving home ;)

tricky92 likes this.
  11. tricky92

tricky92 Feb 5, 2022

I will most certainly keep you posted.

trkevin likes this.