Which watch for you-if the money is available.

With the euro lottery jackpot at £140 million + talk at work turned to cars(I'm a parts adviser in KIA dealer) as in what to buy with the big win, some then thought of other purchases, so, if we set a budget of say £35k and so, new or secondhand what fits the bill? A non TH/H is allowed.
One twat of course suggested simply buying the latest iPhone range topper, because it tells the time as well, -informed him I'd look a right prick with a mobile duck taped to my wrist- honestly, I work with philistines.

I'm still thinking about my purchase BTW, so many watches and so few wrists.

I'd probably dip into the vintage market and pick up a mint condition 1960s Autavia or Carrera.

I've got my ticket for Tuesday! :)

Grönefeld, no doubt
1487157132_1941_remontoire_guilloche_enamel_blue_front_lr.jpg

Dream watch? I'd stick to one of the big houses

1. Patek 5370P
Patek-Philippe-split-seconds-chronograph-Ref.5370P-2.jpg

2. ALS Lange 1
ALS-lange-1-11.jpg

3. Vacheron Cornes de Vache 1955
b0ea6e250eaca5717e1d6edbe2b3da4c.jpeg

4. Daytona 6263
DSC9904.jpg

Actually, I'm not sure whether I could afford any of these with "only" GBP35,000 :eek: Expensive hobby that we have!

Monaco v4 in carbon for me, don't think I'll get one for £35k thou :(

With the euro lottery jackpot at £140 million + talk at work turned to cars(I'm a parts adviser in KIA dealer) as in what to buy with the big win, some then thought of other purchases, so, if we set a budget of say £35k and so, new or secondhand what fits the bill?

I'd like another '60s Carrera, but I'm very happy with the watches I've got.

OTOH 35k in my local currency would get my Lotus back on the road and pay the insurance. Meh, that would get the VFR750 back on the road too and the Moto Morini 500! 'Cept I can't stay in that scrunched up position to ride them for long :(

£140 million though? A Ferrari 250SWB and a Lotus Eleven 1100 Le Mans -- preferably S2, I've driven a Lotus with swing-axles at the front, they are tricky. And a Ferrari 250LM for the daily beater (incredibly small, would fit into Smart-car parking spots today). Or would a 1275 "S" be better for everyday use? Probably.

Garcon! I'll take both s'il vous plaît.

With the euro lottery jackpot at £140 million + talk at work turned to cars(I'm a parts adviser in KIA dealer) as in what to buy with the big win, some then thought of other purchases, so, if we set a budget of say £35k and so, new or secondhand what fits the bill? A non TH/H is allowed.
One twat of course suggested simply buying the latest iPhone range topper, because it tells the time as well, -informed him I'd look a right prick with a mobile duck taped to my wrist- honestly, I work with philistines.

I'm still thinking about my purchase BTW, so many watches and so few wrists.

GBP35k is not enough for my grails :).

I'll get either vacheron constantin overseas, moser alp watch. Or monaco V4 phantom as well.

One of those will probably keep me satisfied for a long long long time

A couple of Carreras, and a H Moser & Cie blue fume dial