What's on your wrist? / What are you wearing? (WRUW)

Can you believe it, I saw today that AD's in Stockholm still have 'The Horner' for sale in their display windows. Insane how TAG managed to miscalculate so severely how few of these they would be able to actually sell (don't get me wrong though, I love the watch but it was clearly very difficult to sell in the numbers TAG thought seven years ago)

I’m starting to warm to these. Still think the bezel is a bit weird, but at the used prices I could be tempted when they creep below £2k. They’re still in outlets for £3.5ish

Sticking with this one :)
I actually prefer the larger size and I like a muted pepsi bezel more than coke colors.

IMG_2670.jpeg

Just trying it on for size - not seen it in the metal before, and saw one in the window when passing in Bluewater so had to stop and try. Pretty nice dial and colours. Could easily see me with this one day, but not today sadly.
20240411_185542.jpg

Just trying it on for size - not seen it in the metal before, and saw one in the window when passing in Bluewater so had to stop and try. Pretty nice dial and colours. Could easily see me with this one day, but not today sadly.
20240411_185542.jpg
Was this meant to be posted in WRUW today?

Sticking with this one :)
I actually prefer the larger size and I like a muted pepsi bezel more than coke colors.

IMG_2670.jpeg

Don’t find it a bit chunky? I like the more muted colours of this compared to the generic gmt master, but overall prefer the red/black I think

Can you believe it, I saw today that AD's in Stockholm still have 'The Horner' for sale in their display windows. Insane how TAG managed to miscalculate so severely how few of these they would be able to actually sell (don't get me wrong though, I love the watch but it was clearly very difficult to sell in the numbers TAG thought seven years ago)
At what price did they sell it?

It is curious that the “Dempsey” Autavia Calibre Heuer 02 CBE2110 continues to appear on the TAG Heuer website (even when it’s discontinued), and they have been updating its retail price... from €5,550 when I bought mine at the TAG Heuer outlet boutique (with a 40% discount), some time later it went up to €6,200, and today I discovered that they have raised it to €6,600!

Doodle_2024-04-11T20_05_46Z.jpeg

Therefore the price in the outlet boutique has also increased, and is now €3,950… luckily I found it before those price increases! :)

Doodle_2024-04-11T20_06_21Z.jpeg

At what price did they sell it?

It is curious that the “Dempsey” Autavia Calibre Heuer 02 CBE2110 continues to appear on the TAG Heuer website (even when it’s discontinued), and they have been updating its retail price... from €5,550 when I bought mine at the TAG Heuer outlet boutique (with a 40% discount), some time later it went up to €6,200, and today I discovered that they have raised it to €6,600!

Doodle_2024-04-11T20_05_46Z.jpeg

Therefore the price in the outlet boutique has also increased, and is now €3,950… luckily I found it before those price increases! :)

Doodle_2024-04-11T20_06_21Z.jpeg
Price was not displayed. I noticed that none of the three AD's I passed by showed prices for TAG watches but they did for other brands. Probably a strategy to appear more luxurious. Or perhaps the staff is sick of changing the price signs from the 4 to 6 price increases per year.

Since it's #tHEUERsday, here's the one that started me down this TH path:
TH-Porsche.jpeg

Was this meant to be posted in WRUW today?
Erm, yes it was. Not sure how I put it here. Can a mod move it or delete it please?

Don’t find it a bit chunky? I like the more muted colours of this compared to the generic gmt master, but overall prefer the red/black I think

Nah, I have large wrists so maybe I'm less sensitive. But the watch is well-proportioned - the thickness in good line with the diameter.

Nah, I have large wrists so maybe I'm less sensitive. But the watch is well-proportioned - the thickness in good line with the diameter.

Maybe I should try one again before buying the 58 gmt, I liked it when I tried one a few years back, but not enough to pull the trigger. My real hope this year was for a bb ceramic gmt

My real hope this year was for a bb ceramic gmt

I dunno if that’s something they’re planning but I quite enjoy the aluminum at that price point

I dunno if that’s something they’re planning but I quite enjoy the aluminum at that price point

I think the bb ceramic looks great and is very good value…but it would add a lot more utility if it was a gmt. I’ll probably just buy one anyway if they don’t release a gmt.