What's on your wrist? / What are you wearing? (WRUW)

Nice looking 6000. :thumbsup:

Which reminds me, your blog post on the History of the 6000 is incorrect. It states that the 6000 was introduced in 1994, when in fact I've seen pictures of Senna wearing one as early as '92 and many pictures of him wearing it in '93.

Indeed, DC also confirmed that the 6000 was released in '92, although it wasn't until years later that it appeared in catalogues:
TAG Heuer 6000: Answering the questions (almost) no-one is asking | TAG Heuer Forums

When compiling my history posts its always been clear that there are limitations to the dates... and I've always said that I've relied on the catalogues because what else is there really? It's not like I can Google Baselworld 1992 and see if TAG showed the 6000 there. But I agree the catalogues may not be 100pc reliable in this regard and I wouldn't even be surprised if watches came out at different times in different countries. It could also be that the 1994 catalogue came out in 1993 and was the first catalogue to be printed after it was launched. To be honest this is why I'm glad I don't have to rely on catalogues any more... and can add watches as the come out.
But okay i will amend the introduction to reflect this information.

Also... Horner had the Monza carbon in 2022, still a 2023 watch.

I understand the problem of relying on catalogues. Just trying to help your Blog be as accurate as possible.

I happened to remember the Senna era very well while he was alive, including watch spotting his TAG Heuers back in the day.

Thanks, so shall we assume it was 1993 that it actually became available to the general public? Presumably Senna would have got his first. That would also tie in with the watch appearing in the 1994 catalogue which probably came out mid to late 1993,

Thanks, so shall we assume it was 1993 that it actually became available to the general public? Presumably Senna would have got his first. That would also tie in with the watch appearing in the 1994 catalogue which probably came out mid to late 1993,
Officially launched in 1992, per the IW article that DC found. See this post.

Assuming TAG know when it was released of course.... I mean, it's not like they have form for not knowing or anything.

Assuming TAG know when it was released of course.... I mean, it's not like they have form for not knowing or anything.
The image that I re-posted above is from TAG's 1997 Annual Report, so hopefully the 6000 was still fresh enough that they wouldn't have gotten the date wrong back then.

The stuff on their website now relies on old data, which we assume is reliable, but they've gotten things wrong before. However, lots of it is also leveraging DC's Calibre11.com work, which I have faith in. :thumbsup:

Yes I have far more faith in David than TAG and to be fair LVMH didn't even own TAG back then so it's not really surprising if they aren't 100pc on it.