What a difference a strap can make - Monaco content

Inspired by a post from MonacoMike last year where he sourced the 90's 50th Anniversary strap to fit to his Cal 11 Monaco I thought I'd do the same.

Asked my local TH dealer to go get one, the strap arrived late last week. I'm rather pleased with the uplift in appearance it's given to pair of blue faced Monaco's.
My thanks to MonacoMike!

Anyone else interested in getting the same, it's to suit a Monaco CAW211X and the part number is FC6468.
£90 GBP.

A few before and after pictures taken rather hastily but I'm sure (hope?) you'll agree it's a great visual improvement

If you're interested in toying with strap ideas I can recommend WatchStrapWorld for their selection and detailed specification on TAG straps - had a Silverstone whose original strap we replaced with a nice rally strap from WSW and it was perfect.

Last time I was in Harrods, the manager had a Monaco on with that strap and I thought he had a CAW211X, but he had just fitted it to his regular blue dial Monaco. Looked great, but I was a little disappointed...

Last time I was in Harrods, the manager had a Monaco on with that strap and I thought he had a CAW211X, but he had just fitted it to his regular blue dial Monaco. Looked great, but I was a little disappointed...

Disappointed how?

It's the strap I'll be getting when I purchase the blue McQueen

Cos I thought he was wearing a rare watch and it was 'just' a blue Monaco...

Cos I thought he was wearing a rare watch and it was 'just' a blue Monaco...

Ah my bad not up to date on reference numbers!

Already have a blue strap on my Monaco but one of these might be a change.

Just a quick query, does Tag offer any rubber straps in the racing/ rally style, that fit the Monaco? I've seen someone on insta wear the connected straps, any others?
Edited:

Just a quick query, does Tag offer any rubber straps in the racing/ rally style, that fit the Monaco? I've seen someone on insta wear the connected straps, any others?
The 21mm F1 rubber rally style can work if you don't mind a slight gap at the lugs.

But I think the Monaco looks best on a leather rally or croc skin strap. I'd also opt for the bracelet over rubber.

The 21mm F1 rubber rally style can work if you don't mind a slight gap at the lugs.
Out of curiosity, I put my 21mm F1 strap onto my 22mm lugged Monaco. While obviously a 22mm strap is preferable, 21mm isn't too bad, but I'm sure the gap might bother some.

Did it just to check the size, not the color combo.

Also, I just remembered there's the black rubber strap for the CAW2114 Black McQueen Racing. It's not a rally style though.
Edited:

Yesterday tried on the black faced version on the bracelet, just to see how it felt, not ordering a bracelet it just felt ‘off’ maybe habit? No pics as sales assists and I started discussing next weekends race meeting in Yorkshire and then my wife appeared outside the door.

Out of curiosity, I put my 21mm F1 strap onto my 22mm lugged Monaco. While obviously a 22mm strap is preferable, 21mm isn't too bad, but I'm sure the gap might bother some.

Did it just to check the size, not the color combo.
I got the same colour scheme strap custom ordered with a tifanny blue liner to replicate the Gulf colours for the Gulf Monaco. Still looked good in spite that it was not a rally strap.

Anyone else interested in getting the same, it's to suit a Monaco CAW211X and the part number is FC6468.
£90 GBP.
Where did you get the strap from? £90 for an original is cheap.

My new favorite strap for the McQueen. (Kudos to @McBeardy for testing the waters with this combo.)

A much better picture than I could ever take. Shows the colours off nicer & it’s a great match