Forums Latest Members
  1. vicsalt

vicsalt Apr 8, 2018

Well I will say I am very happy with recent performance, I got my connected in November and constantly frustrated around performance / compatability with my iPhone, It certainly hasn't been a smart watch, more of a traditional digital watch in my eyes.

However, since the transfer to Google Ware I can honestly say its like night and day. Not a single dis-connect, all notifications, iMessages / email / calendar events all working perfectly, almost feels as reliable as my old apple watch.

The surprise here is how quickly google were able to add influence to the system, add create a reliable interface with IOS.
    Thankyou Google

Hubert and kwilcox like this.
  2. gunnerroy

gunnerroy Apr 8, 2018

All my emails and messages don’t come through seems hit and miss

3. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 8, 2018

Pretty much have to echo vicsalt here. The latest Wear OS app update really fixed the problem for me. Interestingly, my connection was pretty good prior to the Wear OS push to watch/phone but it really deteriorated afterward.

I have noticed that email notifications don't come through when I have my iPhone set on vibrate mode. This is most likely related to my iPhone notification settings. I haven't bothered to troubleshoot the details yet since I only enable email notifications when I'm travelling.

4. NickNJV

NickNJV Apr 8, 2018

Seems really stable apart from one glitch.

When my iPhone rings, the watch notifies me of the call, but doesnt stop when my mobile stops ringing. My watch keeps going until i press the red ‘end call’ button.

5. Iñaki

Iñaki Apr 9, 2018

I’m also so happy with the update. No problem with my iphone X and a better batterie.

6. gunnerroy

gunnerroy Apr 9, 2018

All mine are updated but the battery on phone drains super fast all the apps are closed apart from wear os

7. ddaenen1

ddaenen1 Apr 26, 2018

I noticed the same on my iPhone. I noticed my iPhone was running empty faster than every before and in the battery section, Wear OS was the No1 consumer, where it previously never was even in the top 10. Curious if things will settle down with the new update.

8. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 27, 2018

On my iPhone, Mail is number 1 @ 27% followed by Wear OS @ 24%. I've noticed that I have around that much less battery remaining than I used to when I put it on the charger now at night as well. Still not a big deal because my iPhone 8 still has about 60 - 70% remaining after a 15 hour day.

9. dtf

dtf Apr 27, 2018

Is that a regular 8 or the plus? Do you use it much during the day? I would have to charge my 7 at least once in that time.

10. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 28, 2018

regular 8. I'm not constantly on it generally. Text/email/calendar mostly (push email from 2 sources, pull from 1), also FB, Instagram, Twitter once or twice a day. It is significantly better on battery than my old phone which was a 6.

11. ddaenen1

ddaenen1 Apr 29, 2018

Same here with the battery consumption on my iPhone 8 although it seems to be slightly better since this weeks system update. Not 100% sure yet but keeping an eye on it.

12. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 29, 2018

Interesting. Is your I8 lasting all day still? How does your phone use compare to mine? I saw no significant battery life improvement on my watch since the update, but I haven't been checking the phone.