VOTE - Formula 1: Most Influential Driver

Dakar results ratios would notbe good for anyone. It is gruelling rally.

I really can’t argue haha 😁 just a bit surprised as well! But a vote win is a vote win and the majority has spoken 😉 will F1 do a “Greatest Driver of All Time” poll also? That should be truly interesting as well! 😀 cheers!

I really can’t argue haha 😁 just a bit surprised as well! But a vote win is a vote win and the majority has spoken 😉 will F1 do a “Greatest Driver of All Time” poll also? That should be truly interesting as well! 😀 cheers!
IMHO, these polls are meaningless.

Often a group of diehard fans will stack the count by finding ways to vote thousands of times for their favorite, hence cheating a win. Believe me, I've learned the hard way and don't bother with these any more.

IMHO, these polls are meaningless.

Often a group of diehard fans will stack the count by finding ways to vote thousands of times for their favorite, hence cheating a win. Believe me, I've learned the hard way and don't bother with these any more.
Totally agree. You only have to see the match of Schumacher vs Senna, which started and was in favor of the Brazilian for a long time, but suddenly many more votes came, and in the end Schumacher passes the tie... which, evidently leaves the survey without credibility. In this multiple poll it is assumed that the votes for each match should be similar, and this is the case for the majority (which are over 50,000 votes), except for that of Schumacher vs Senna, which has 15,000 more votes ... curious, isn't it?

Anyway, looking at the result of this match, I see that the survey is not representative or reliable (I also find very few votes for the millions of followers that F1 has) and therefore I will no longer participate in it

Come on guys! This is just all for fun! We all know there are huge inaccuracies in representation, skewed biases, internet trolls and so on! It’s hard when you support someone and see he didn’t cut it! I’m just enjoying this one and going with the flow! 😀 Cheer up please 😁

Initially I wondered the coincidence of online polls at this time. F1 & WRC are heavily invested with sponsors and due to the lull time of this global pandemic, they needed to pick the interest and hype of the fans across the world! It may not be the “truth” but it is definitely “trending” 😜

Anyway, we are already in the division finals or quarterfinals of this sluggest!! I would probably vote for Bernie Ecclestone at the top. He isn’t called F1’s “Supremo” for nothing 😉 But Schumacher and Ferrari are definitely a cornerstone among fans in F1.

Damn, missed the voting for the final round. Schumacher is clearly up there as one of the top drivers of all time. Most influential? Not for me, but then again I'm not sure I could just pick one person from that list!

I must say all these online polls and social media stuff are very controversial and creates alot of discussion! 😵‍💫 I guess that is the main goal! To create talking points, to level-up interest, to keep the hype, in other words to be “trending” 😗 . Any publicity, whether good or bad, is still good publicity for F1 (or WRC) 🙄 F1 thrives in sponsorships with its world wide appeal and market. I do totally agree that F1 is like the modern day world “circus” performing the same acts across continents driving around in “circles” 😲

Damn, missed the voting for the final round. Schumacher is clearly up there as one of the top drivers of all time. Most influential? Not for me, but then again I'm not sure I could just pick one person from that list!
gotta be Senna for me

While I have deep respect for Schumacher and all his accomplishments, I found his era to be rather boring. Frankly, the "influence" he had on me was to stop watching F1. I rarely watch the races live on TV anymore. Nothing can compare to the riveting drama of Senna vs. Prost.

While I have deep respect for Schumacher and all his accomplishments, I found his era to be rather boring. Frankly, the "influence" he had on me was to stop watching F1. I rarely watch the races live on TV anymore. Nothing can compare to the riveting drama of Senna vs. Prost.
Senna vs Prost was a tiny bit before my time, but I really enjoyed the battles between Schumacher and Hill. The drama was certainly there when Schumacher crashed into Hill deliberately to take the title. And again when he tried to do the same to Villeneuve in a later season. But I agree that it all became a bit boring after he joined Ferrari.

Senna vs Prost was a tiny bit before my time, but I really enjoyed the battles between Schumacher and Hill. The drama was certainly there when Schumacher crashed into Hill deliberately to take the title. And again when he tried to do the same to Villeneuve in a later season. But I agree that it all became a bit boring after he joined Ferrari.

That wasn't drama, it was cheating, which is my lasting memory of Schumacher. Somewhat a travesty of justice that he won that poll.

And the winner is! 🍿 Congrats Michael! 👍

It's a shame that the most unsportsmanlike driver in history has won the poll for the most influential person in F1... because maybe he was very influential, yes, but in a negative way. In addition to his maneuvers with Hill ‘94 and Villeneuve ‘97, in addition to parking in Monaco to avoid having his pole taken away... his years in a dominant Ferrari with a teammate tied by contract were soporific. This result removes all credibility and representativeness of the survey

That wasn't drama, it was cheating, which is my lasting memory of Schumacher. Somewhat a travesty of justice that he won that poll.
Cheating, yes, but it created drama. I remember shouting very loudly at the TV screen. It made Hill's championship win the following season even better, though. And justice was somewhat served out when he tried the same with Villeneuve and got all his points taken away.

Despite all the cheating, Schumacher was a talented driver with a strong will to win, and I think it's so sad what happened to him after his retirement from F1.

It's a shame that the most unsportsmanlike driver in history has won the poll for the most influential person in F1... because maybe he was very influential, yes, but in a negative way. In addition to his maneuvers with Hill ‘94 and Villeneuve ‘97, in addition to parking in Monaco to avoid having his pole taken away... his years in a dominant Ferrari with a teammate tied by contract were soporific. This result removes all credibility and representativeness of the survey

Indeed, i remember rewatching Schumacher’s controversial moves. Controversial poll, controversial winner 🤦🤦

I don't understand what Ecclestone is doing in this poll anyway. Yes he's probably the most influential person in F1 history as the guy pushing the buttons but he's in his own category isn't he? He's also responsible for the excruciatingly boring decade or even longer after 2000 with his profit driven autocratic management.
My earliest F1 memories are Senna/Prost but I would vote Brawn well ahead of Ecclestone as gamechanger. The Schumacher years at Benneton and Ferrari for one. Creating the Brawn GP team and taking both rookie titles ahead of all the big constructors. Must have been the '70s this happened last. Brawn GP is also the origin of the current Mercedes species and their unrivaled 6 consecutive wins.

I don't understand what Ecclestone is doing in this poll anyway. Yes he's probably the most influential person in F1 history as the guy pushing the buttons but he's in his own category isn't he? He's also responsible for the excruciatingly boring decade or even longer after 2000 with his profit driven autocratic management.
My earliest F1 memories are Senna/Prost but I would vote Brawn well ahead of Ecclestone as gamechanger. The Schumacher years at Benneton and Ferrari for one. Creating the Brawn GP team and taking both rookie titles ahead of all the big constructors. Must have been the '70s this happened last. Brawn GP is also the origin of the current Mercedes species and their unrivaled 6 consecutive wins.

Agreed. Ecclestone's huge influence was evident by high truly boring F1 became. Exciting, good, circuits ousted from the calendar in favour of excess amounts of money thrown at him by new countries and then he would enforce the new circuit be designed by that German bloke (I forget his name) that designed circuits where nobody could overtake and the spectators were about 3 miles from the track side.
Edited:

Exciting, good, circuits ousted from the calendar in favour of excess amounts of money
Couldn't agree more, but you missed out the fact that in bringing in all the new circuits, it also sidelined much of the history and nostalgia of Formula 1.

Couldn't agree more, but you missed out the fact that in bringing in all the new circuits, it also sidelined much of the history and nostalgia of Formula 1.

Very true.