Forums Latest Members
  1. rnpatrick

rnpatrick Mar 16, 2015

Hi All,

I found this forum from a web search and hope someone here can help me out.

I have an Autavia that was purchased new in 1979. I wore it throughout the 80's and eventually stopped wearing out in the early 90's when it stopped keeping accurate time. Now I would like to get it cleaned and serviced and start wearing it again. As far as I know the watch is all original and still runs - just not accurately.

Are there any "go-to" Autavia repair places? Anything I should be aware of when having it serviced?

While my goal is a working Autavia, I am really afraid of having a hack destroy the watch or sending it to a place that goes out of business the next day and I never see the watch again.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can pass along!

2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Mar 16, 2015

Hi there- yes, you're in the right place! Where do you live? If you;re in Europe, or if distance is not an issue, then the best in the business is Abel Court (ping @abcoro ) who posted this story a few weeks ago: http://forums.calibre11.com/threads/heuer-autavia-restoration-project.19419/

He's done an Autavia for me, which was brilliant- he can do the cosmetics as well as the movement.

Do you have any photos you can share?

dc