Forums Latest Members
  1. RockBurner

RockBurner Jan 29, 2020

dtf likes this.
  2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 29, 2020

I loved this- fantastic that it happened to someone deserving. I always feel bad for those times when unsuspecting people sell really valuable goods for the wrong price...but this is different as he bought the watch himself. A perfect story...and no, nothing remotely like this had happened to me...yet!

RockBurner and Hubert like this.
  3. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 29, 2020

Great find. I agree with ^ David! A nice ending for someone that served and put his life at risk for the good of others.

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 3, 2020

BTW, there are now quite a few questions on the watch- specifically, whether the watch is genuinely NOS and whether the bracelet has been worn on a different watch

5. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Feb 4, 2020

Interesting and I must admit that when I watched the original footage, I did notice all the grime on the clasp and wondered about the NOS provenance.

6. imagwai

imagwai Feb 4, 2020

Yes, good condition, but clearly not NOS. Paul Thorpe (YouTube) gave a good summary of the issues with the watch and in particular the papers and box.

7. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 4, 2020

Agreed. And sure, the story was probably spiced up a little for TV- but it’s still an awesome find.

8. RockBurner

RockBurner Feb 5, 2020

Was 'New Old Stock' ever actually claimed? (I've only watched the vid once). IIRC the owner claimed to have worn it a couple of times but not much. I understood that NOS would be something that had never been opened - eg stored until out of date, shifted to the back, forgotten about, and only re-discovered when the place when out of business... or something?

9. imagwai

imagwai Feb 5, 2020

I think it was mentioned by the appraiser rather than the owner. However, I saw someone on another thread claim the "owner" was an actor who had appeared on TV in other things. Unsubstantiated, though!

10. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Feb 5, 2020

The appraiser mentioned NOS several times. The owner said he had taken it out to look at it once or twice before coming on Antiques Roadshow.

The grime on the bracelet/clasp and the condition of the sticker on the back potentially say otherwise.