Updated 2015 Carrera Calibre 5 Models

Read today a post at WUS where someone had bought a new Calibre 5 Carrera that had a very different dial- out is the starburst finish, replaced with an azurage finish
WAR211C.BA0782_new.jpg

Seems like all of the Calibre 5 Day/ Date models now have this finish
WAR201D.FC6291_new.jpg WAR211B.FC6181_new.jpg WAR211C.BA0782_new (1).jpg

It'll be interesting to see how they look under light rather than in renderings

Here's a photo from that WUS link...although I hope the photographer won't mind me saying that it's probably not the most flattering photo of the dial!

attachment.php

Without seeing in person, I think that it will be a step forward on the flat dial models, but I love that Anthracite Sunburst dial so much that I find it hard to believe that it could look better than the original

It'll be interesting to see how they look under light rather than in renderings

Hey everyone,
I'm the one who took that picture (haha np D.C.) and I was very unimpressed when I saw it under natural lighting in person. I've tried both the sunburst and concentric circle version and the sunburst is much nicer imo. The pictures below probably make the watch look their best in natural lighting unfortunately. I took those right after they gave me the watch, but I ended up removing it immediately after because I thought something looked off...since I was expecting the sunburst version and forgot exactly how it looked like.

Hey everyone,
I'm the one who took that picture (haha np D.C.) and I was very unimpressed when I saw it under natural lighting in person. I've tried both the sunburst and concentric circle version and the sunburst is much nicer imo. The pictures below probably make the watch look their best in natural lighting unfortunately. I took those right after they gave me the watch, but I ended up removing it immediately after because I thought something looked off...since I was expecting the sunburst version and forgot exactly how it looked like.

Much better photo ;) Like it much better in this shot, but, like you, the sunburst is more my taste.

Much better photo ;) Like it much better in this shot, but, like you, the sunburst is more my taste.

Yeah definitely. I picked up the sunburst one today.

Nice. Looks better I think. I see you've switched to a leather strap also.

Looks great; congrats!
Nice. Looks better I think. I see you've switched to a leather strap also.

Thanks guys. It happened to be one of the last ones in my area. I got the strap off of ebay for around $50. Pretty impressed with the quality.