Forums Latest Members
  1. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jun 6, 2020

I'm very interested to see what the new 2021 Nissan Z car will look like. Rumored to be called the 400Z, the images from Nissan's sneak peek gives me high hopes for this car. This could be a beautiful looking design, if the car is kept clean with classic elements and without any of the harsh garish angles that detract from many of the cars coming from Japan of late.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Snowy and kappa_md like this.
  2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jun 6, 2020

Difficult to see how the front fascia will really be. With some slight brightness adjustments and some color retouching, we can get a better idea. If it ends-up looking like this, it would be very Aston Martin like.
    upload_2020-6-6_20-28-29.png

Snowy and Mspeedster like this.
  3. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jun 6, 2020

Here's an interpretation posted in a Z forum. Comparing it against the still shows many similarities, but the real thing is not as aggressive.
    upload_2020-6-6_20-33-35.png

Snowy and Mspeedster like this.
  4. kappa_md

kappa_md Jun 6, 2020

HOPE it comes out as a fun well handling car with great reviews! :D

Mspeedster likes this.
  5. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jun 7, 2020

With the latest GT-R, 350Z and 370Z, Nissan has a good track record of building performance cars, so I'm fairly confident in their ability to deliver the performance goods. Hopefully it will come with a manual trans, which is the key thing that's lacking on the Supra for me.

What I'm less confident about is how the car will actually look. The beautiful style of the 300ZX, Supra MKIV, Honda NSX and FD Mazda RX-7 of the '90s have never been matched by their modern contemporary successors. Not even close IMHO.

But I have my fingers crossed that the stylists from Nissan can find their way again. We'll see...

kappa_md likes this.
  6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 11, 2020

Looks promising. I do hope that sales are strong for this, the Supra, and other sports cars, because there's a real risk that manufacturers walk away from this sector to build another SUV.

7. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jun 11, 2020

I agree that SUVs are flavour of the 'month' but I also believe that their day will come when they fall out of favour and production. Moving 2+ tonne bricks along the road is not efficient and traditional estate cars generally have more interior space..... You heard it here first, folks :D:D

8. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 11, 2020

I've been saying that for 15 years and haven't been proved right yet, but I keep hoping!

El Matarife and RockBurner like this.
  9. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jun 11, 2020

Ha. You were fighting the rising wave of popularity though.

When you see, ahem, 'coupe' SUVs and SUVs with active aero fitted to them it starts to feel like the wind is changing direction and the manufacturers are trying every gimmick they can to keep sales going.

10. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jun 11, 2020

I was talking to a customer in the showroom (whilst still working) and asked her why she was attracted to the large SUV she was eyeing up, she told me she wanted her children to be safe in the 'car', my reply of "learn to drive better" did not go down well.

El Matarife and RockBurner like this.
  11. imagwai

imagwai Jun 11, 2020

You didn't make that sale?
    [​IMG]

12. kappa_md

kappa_md Jun 11, 2020

I have to admit and agree that SUVs have become the “family” cars of today, replacing the touring wagons, hauling vans etc. For one the ride height of SUVs is a big plus in cases of flash floods (climate change), crazy broken roads, etc. It can be civil enough for city driving and still have all the capabilities of all-any terrain when needed.

Edited Jun 11, 2020
  13. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jun 11, 2020

Who are you kidding? Most SUVs would get stuck on a blade of grass and are no more capable off-road than any other car.

RockBurner and El Matarife like this.
  14. kappa_md

kappa_md Jun 11, 2020

I’m not kidding you @Mr_Orange I’m just stating something in general for SUVs probably depend on what SUV you are referring to :whistling::whistling:

15. imagwai

imagwai Jun 11, 2020

Or you could get a Subaru Outback. Better than nearly all the "off-road" SUVs off-road except for perhaps a Land Rover or Range Rover. And it's an estate car. :)

I have had a couple and they were brilliant in the snow - kept moving when other SUVs were getting stuck. Although, now I've gone back to rear-wheel drive with my current car given it doesn't snow that often in the UK. Still an estate, though.

Mr_Orange and kappa_md like this.
  16. kappa_md

kappa_md Jun 11, 2020

Okay this might be OFF topic but let me straighten out what SUV atleast for us in Manila means. These SUVs have been the most popular in our streets and gathers the most number of sales combined. So like any other country, we are already an SUV dominated country. These are pick-up truck platform base cars which have become everyday family haulers. And yes, they are capable of ANY terrain ;)
    BEE5A86D-333F-4E44-891B-13CC56389BA5.jpeg
    Some of the family SUVs. All of them shares the same chassis and platform with their pickup brothers.
    Chevrolet Trailblazer, Ford Everest, Isuzu mu-X, Mitsubishi Montero Sport, Nissan Terra, Toyota Fortuner. Cheers! :)

17. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jun 11, 2020

And we are back to 2+ tonne bricks..........

18. imagwai

imagwai Jun 11, 2020

Different then. Most of the "SUVs" in the UK are based on the chassis/platform of the smaller hatchbacks and saloons and provide no off-road benefits, but come with worse ride and handling. :)

19. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jun 11, 2020

Australia is all of them. Ford Rangers to Holden Trax via X5s and Cayennes.

20. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jun 11, 2020

She was directed to a family hatchback with a higher encap (safety rating) and more within her budget, she realised it made sense rather than impressing on the school run, big might be good in some things! but not always best. SUVs on low profile wide tyres are crap in dodgy conditions, fitted with more appropriate off road tyres they’re a different proposition, those wanting to use 4wd for it’s intended purpose could be pointed in the direction of a better tyre option which were done at cost.