Forums Latest Members
  1. JKGold

JKGold Oct 30, 2015

Where is the brand going? There is tooooo ,many watches to choose from, Does Rolex or Omega do this? NO. Cut out half the watches and make them more exclusive and in demand. Tag is all over the place, but I still do wear one....

2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Oct 30, 2015

Yes, and I think that you'll see this change. I met JC Biver at the start of this year and he did say that he wants to reduce the number of new models each year- good move.

The range is transition at the moment. The heart of the collection is still from the JC Babin days, with a few models designed under the leadership of Stephane Linder. Biver has been there almost 12 months as CEO and so I think Basel 2016 will be a real watershed moment for the brand. We've seen the first Biver watch (Carrera Heuer-01), and it will be fascinating to see what happens next.

I don't think all ranges will survive (Grand Carrera? Link?) and I'd expect to see an Aquaracer version of the Carrera Heuer-01 with different lugs and detailing...but those are just guesses. We do know that the Monza is coming back :)

dc

3. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Oct 31, 2015

Exciting times; is it Spring yet? :)

4. dtf

dtf Oct 31, 2015

That's an interesting idea, might go on my shopping list.

5. elbeik

elbeik Oct 31, 2015

And while at it, cut the sponsorships / endorsements left and right.

albertoct likes this.
  6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Nov 1, 2015

When I met with JC Biver earlier this year he said that one of the benefits of the modular structure was that you could change the lugs to a different design...to paraphrase "You could even make an Aquaracer using different bezel and lugs".

That could have just been an example...but I hope it's not ;)

7. albertoct

albertoct Nov 2, 2015

I agree! And I also think you should stick to your "ambassadors", so that when people see them on tv or in a movie they recall the brand. If you keep changing them or if they are too many, this will never happen! More than 20 ambassadors, at least 5 of them are legends of the past (Senna, Fangio, McQueen...), a lot of sponsorship in Germany or England (Bundesliga, Volkswagen, McLaren, Button) but they should know that germans and english are famous Worldwide, but NOT for being cool and stylish...