Forums Latest Members
  1. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Feb 11, 2021

Yes, I just posted that (see above). LOL
    Very curious indeed! That price is a steal, which just doesn't seem right. They also have the CAW211R listed separately, which means it's less likely they got the T mixed up with the R. Also, it says ships in 2-4 months, which means they don't have it.

Like they say, if it's too good to be true... :whistling:

2. Marcos Alvarenga

Marcos Alvarenga Feb 11, 2021

So much about Gulf, and nothing about Golf... ::confused2:::confused:
    Why??

[sarcasm goes on...]

3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Feb 11, 2021

4. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Feb 11, 2021

Jim, nice write up! :thumbsup:

I agree that the CAW211T should be crowned the reigning Gulf King. However, if there's one thing I wish TH had done differently was the red used on the hands and hour markers. It would have been much nicer had they used Gulf Orange instead of the red. I feel the red clashes with the orange stripe and stitching on the strap. It also would have further differentiated the T from the standard R, which also has the same issue of red clashing with orange.

They did it right on the Gulf Prince, using orange and no red.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  5. heuerholic

heuerholic Feb 11, 2021

Turn my back for a moment and you guys start talking about me.
    Indeed I did get my CAW211T from Tokyo. they had 3 of them apparently and I got the lucky last.

Yep... lucky bastard.

havent had a chance to read The 3rd edition of your masterpiece Jim. Looking forward to getting home, sitting down with an aperitif (beer) and having a read.

PS. Got a new addition for my wrist. This one is here to stay......... revealed tomorrow.

6. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Feb 11, 2021

A good 3 part post on the Gulf tie-up but I cannot agree with you about the King. That clash of the red and orange on the dial is inexcusable!

Aquagraph likes this.
  7. HoltzPlatz

HoltzPlatz Feb 12, 2021

Explained a lot to me, thanks Jim. I've had a very difficult time deciding which Gulf Heuer watch I like. For all the reasons you guys have discussed here. Mainly incorrect color shades/tints. Geez, so the only hope for me is one of 50 that nobody will sell. Guess I'll be searching for that F1 and add another quartz.... This should be so damn simple for TH to figure out!:mad:

Jim Dollares likes this.
  8. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Feb 12, 2021

Thanks man! Yes I would change the red too, guess I should have mentioned it but I was too lost in lusting emotion staring at the photos from @heuerholic

Mspeedster likes this.
  9. Jim Dollares

Thanks for clarifying this, I will try to stop falsely remembering the Gulf King as a US only :thumbsup:

Al reminded me that TAG first released the 211R for the US market only in 2017, I probably got these mixed up based on that

Mspeedster and ASW like this.
  10. Yago

Yago Feb 12, 2021

::popcorn::

11. Jim Dollares

Exciting times ::psy::

12. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Feb 12, 2021

Clearly me too.

13. Jim Dollares

We might be brainwashing each other

14. heuerholic

heuerholic Feb 12, 2021

Great three part story Jim on the TH Gulf Watches.
    Obviously I agree with your choice of the Gulf King CAW211T as the king of them all.
    As I have said to you privately, the watch especially sings when it is on the bracelet.
    The vibrancy and impact of the colours on the face come alive when paired with the shininess of the bracelet.
    Of course I am biased, but wouldn't you be?

Thanks for showing off some of my photos. I do have fun with the Micro lens.

Good job all over everyone on a great blog site .... Thanks Rob.

Snowy, kappa_md, Mspeedster and 3 others like this.
  15. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Feb 12, 2021

Which watch would you choose as the King of Gulf then?

16. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Feb 12, 2021

I think the 50LE is the best of what there is, that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement.

TAG Heuer need to make this already
    [​IMG]

17. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Feb 12, 2021

Nice as the Dark oil lord is, for me as an existing Monaco Gulf owner, it's not different enough for me to buy one. That's why I didn't buy the CAW211R and hesitated on the CAW211T. I'm hoping for something a bit different & fresh with TH's next Monaco Gulf.

Snowy likes this.
  18. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Feb 12, 2021

Not different enough..... black PVD case, orange lume AND the dial patterning from the older Formula 1, what more do you want?

19. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Feb 12, 2021

But the overall look is still quite similar to the 2007 Gulf black, my Gulf Grey & Monaco 24 Gulf. I just can't justify spending that kind of money on something similar to what I have (even if a better version) and I know my wife will say you bought the same watch.

What I want is my design concept of course! ;)

Snowy and Jim Dollares like this.
  20. Jim Dollares

Dude. You posted a photo on your blog where Michael had designed exactly what he wants.

Snowy and Mspeedster like this.