Forums Latest Members
  1. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 20, 2015

Just saw this on eBay and thought it was a Formula 1 right off the bat... the strap is identical but with different text to the 80s F1, the case, bezel even hands are about identical to the original release TAG Heuer Formula 1 that I bought for my youngest nephew, even the TAG Heuer shield logo is still on the strap just with different branding.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-198...416?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4194c04390Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

$_57 (12).JPG

2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Apr 20, 2015

Wow, never seen that one. A bit of searching also turned up this "Almost" S/el from Telux
    mens_regatta_watch_by_telux_two___tone___rare___nwot_4_lgw.jpg mens_regatta_watch_by_telux_two___tone___rare___nwot_1_lgw.jpg

I reckon the giveaway is the dial on the top photo: "French Movement Taiwanese Dial"

My guess is that Telux "borrow" designs from established brands and then make them in Taiwan.

BTW, you left out the best bit- Telux added a feature that TAG Heuer forgot- a beautifully integrated compass.
    829119451_o.jpg

3. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 20, 2015

That F1 is probably close enough to be a source of spare bezels, I just figured given the strap even has the exact shape it might have been some shared production, I mean who'd "borrow" the strap right down to the TAG Heuer shield unless they were incredibly lazy but what you said makes sense. I'm still trying to figure out what the weird numbers are on the outer edge of the F1... can't think of what they relate to

4. elbeik

elbeik Apr 21, 2015