Forums Latest Members
  1. imagwai

imagwai Jan 15, 2021

Sent a watch in to TAG for servicing. This is a new experience for me. I certainly didn't expect it to be quick, but was also kind of hoping they might not be too busy at the moment. Estimate for the service to be complete is 1st April. Is that consistent with what other people have experienced, or do their estimated dates sometimes end up being wildly out?

service.jpg

Snowy and Jim Dollares like this.
  2. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jan 15, 2021

I've had dates for 16 week servicing in the past, seems a safe go to time interval, if you get bit back sooner they're heroes, if they quote 8 weeks and are slow they then are useless?

imagwai likes this.
  3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 15, 2021

Wow, that seems a long time. I sent my Microtimer in for a battery and got in back in three weeks (including Christmas) - admittedly that was just a battery and gaskets, but even so... maybe they need to order parts from Switzerland? It always takes ages for things to come from Switzerland for some reason, straps take a month to come from there - I mean, UPS overnight?

imagwai likes this.
  4. imagwai

imagwai Jan 15, 2021

Oh well. Absence makes the heart grow fonder - the longer it is, the more it'll seem like I'm receiving a new watch when I get it back :)

I am kind of regretting sending it in with the strap and clasp, though - although genuine parts, they are not original to the watch, so hope they don't end up going astray during the service. Easier to happen I guess with such a slow turnaround.

5. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jan 15, 2021

Oh wow that is slow but I have zero experience with this so who am I to complain...

imagwai likes this.
  6. abrod520

abrod520 Jan 15, 2021

Shouldn't, I generally don't send watches in on a strap if I don't need to but I've always gotten them back when I have

imagwai likes this.
  7. YY77

YY77 Jan 15, 2021

My Carrera Calibre 360 has been sent in this week for the 3rd time in a year for a date change issue still persisting after a complete overhaul, I received the TH tracking code today with est. end of repair of 29 jan 2021 but know for sure it won't be repaired by then. Last time it took 4 months before being returned and within a week I knew the watch still had the issue.

I skipped the AD this time and sent it in via their shipping option, must say it was quite nerve racking whether it wouldn't get lost.

imagwai likes this.
  8. Jim Dollares

Ouch talk about bad luck. Terrible to get the watch back multiple times with the same issue!

YY77 likes this.
  9. YY77

YY77 Jan 15, 2021

Yeah, although having an ETA movement the modular 1/100 chronograph would seem to be the reason it's not an easy/normal fix. I had direct mailcontact previously with TH explaining it was persisting and now again so they need to take a harder look as it can't be user error.

10. imagwai

imagwai Jan 15, 2021

Good to hear
    I sent in using their pre-paid mailing kit also. Was a bit nerve-wracking too. I sent it in between Christmas and New Year, without realizing they were closed till 4th Jan and the tracking could only tell me it had been delivered to a PO Box, where it sat until they re-opened (+3 days to allow for Covid quarantine period apparently!).

YY77 likes this.
  11. YY77

YY77 Jan 15, 2021

I was made aware by CS they would be closed so even if they had sent it me a shipping kit in this case I wouldn't have used it. even though the package is insured, the risk when I sent in my Kirium was bearable but this one would have been irreplaceable.

The 3 days didn't apply to mine as it was received this morning at their premises and I got the notification within 2 hours.

imagwai likes this.
  12. imagwai

imagwai Jan 15, 2021

Great - just got a new update!

"Please be advised that in order to complete the above repair we have had to order some components from the manufacture in Switzerland, this may extend our usual turnaround times by approximately 4/6 weeks"

::facepalm2::

Yago likes this.
  13. Jim Dollares

Ouch :thumbsdown:

SteveP and imagwai like this.
  14. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 15, 2021

Makes you wonder how they are delivered that it takes 4-6 weeks... I mean assuming the parts aren't made to order, then they are in a box somewhere just waiting to be picked and packed.

Jim Dollares and imagwai like this.
  15. imagwai

imagwai Jan 15, 2021

I guess they could cite Brexit or Covid but I am getting very tired of such excuses. How come some companies are able to cope and others aren't? :p

Jim Dollares likes this.
  16. abrod520

abrod520 Jan 15, 2021

Probably coming as part of a regularly scheduled shipment, rather than sent solely for this service purpose, is my guess.

17. Jim Dollares

Classic Adam, always has to have these reasonable and logic answers to things in life

abrod520 and Yago like this.
  18. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 15, 2021

Yes, that's my take on it too. Plus waiting gives the customer the illusion of luxury or something.

19. Yago

Yago Jan 15, 2021

Was it important for you to have it serviced by TAG Heuer? Did it have specific issues that couldn't be solved by a third party watchmaker? I've also heard horror stories about servicing times and bills. Not too keen about sending a watch there, unless under warranty.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  20. imagwai

imagwai Jan 15, 2021

Not especially, no, but I am not aware of any good watchmakers near me or anybody trusted I could send it off to. I did get quotes from a couple of places but they were more expensive and I didn't want to send off to some unknown quantity. Would love to find a trusted watchmaker locally. I would like to put my Rolex Explorer in for service next.

And no specific issues - it was running a bit fast (like +45 secs per day) and am guessing it had never had a service in it's life (since 1996ish). At least TAG will send it back with a warranty and they have agreed only to clean the case, no polishing.

Price-wise, I figured the service cost of £410 was actually quite reasonable for a chronograph. As I say, I'd been quoted more elsewhere.