Forums Latest Members

TAG Heuer Monaco 2019 Anniversary green dial

1. rolstaff

rolstaff Nov 19, 2020

What do you think, is there a chance to buy a TAG Heuer MONACO 2019 Anniversary green dial ?
    Do they come up from time to time...??

Love this model and would like to get one.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-19 um 14.57.48.png

2. abrod520

abrod520 Nov 19, 2020

Keep an eye on Chrono24 and on eBay / forum listings, chances are they will here and there.

rolstaff likes this.
  3. rolstaff

rolstaff Nov 20, 2020

Thank you !

Retail price in germany was about 6000,- EUR.

I did not check the 2nd market prices for this watch.

Do you think, its´realistic to find one for about 7000,- EUR, what means a premium of 15% ??

4. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Nov 20, 2020

I guess asking price would be around 9 but not sure they would get it. Wait til one comes up and make an offer. Like @imagwai often points out is that sellers has a wishing price for these limited editions but often the ads are up for a loooong time without being sold.

rolstaff likes this.
  5. rolstaff

rolstaff Nov 20, 2020

Thank you, Jim. That helps...

Jim Dollares likes this.
  6. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Nov 20, 2020

7. rolstaff

rolstaff Nov 21, 2020

Yes, I saw this one. Seems to be the only one worldwide for sale at the moment....

8. sharknight

sharknight Nov 21, 2020

I think that is the same one that has appeared on EBay in the last few days.

9. rolstaff

rolstaff Nov 21, 2020

yes, think so too.

10. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Nov 21, 2020

Seems typical of the asking price for the 70s model, seen worse actually.
    I've not seen the 70s model with a 2nd market asking price below $10K USD since this watch was released over a year ago, so getting one for 7000 euros will be a challenge. But you never know, just keep searching, you might get lucky.

11. rolstaff

rolstaff Nov 22, 2020

That's right.
    I started this thread to get informed, what would be a realistic price on the 2nd market.
    So I will keep an eye out. I am not fixed at 7000,-
    When a realistic price is about 7500 - 8000 I can also accept, because I like this watch and don't think, it will get cheaper....

12. THJunkie

THJunkie Nov 22, 2020

as they were made in incredibly low number, far below the demand, it will be very hard to predict the sale price seen one comes up. I expect it will depend on how deep the pickets of those who want wan are vs how badly they want it. This is stating the obvious I suppose - but when market opportunity to buy is low and demand is high I expect some ‘crazy’ fluctuations. Some one who has them all bar this one may well if they can afford it drastically hike up the price just to get closure on the full set.

all the best and good luck!

13. rolstaff

rolstaff Nov 22, 2020

Thank you !!!

14. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Nov 22, 2020

I'm constantly disappointed that my pickets aren't as deep as I'd like them to be.

15. THJunkie

THJunkie Nov 22, 2020

:whistling:
    :D:D:D

if you spent less on plistic wooches they may get deeper ::rimshot:: (sounds funnier if you read it in the accent of the policeman from Allo! Allo!)

Aquagraph and Pitfitter446 like this.
  16. Furioso

Furioso Nov 27, 2020

I have one I bought Spring 2020 from person who purchased new, and wore it a bit - no real flaws, all boxes and papers. I have worn it a few hours, a few days, in my office. I bought in the neighborhood of a 30% markup over new list price. I was thrilled to get it and still absolutely love it.

I have been watching for others to list for sale, sort of hoping that they don't start trading at prices that would induce me to sell. I have pointed out 2 sellers on chrono24 who used the ...6466 reference number, but were selling different Monacos.

It is absolutely stunning. The calibre11 review photos are the best out there, and almost do it justice, but nothing compares to seeing it in person - the way the light plays off the Cotes-de-Geneve dial is simply mesmerizing. If you get the chance to inspect one in person in good light, hold on to your wallet and discipline very tightly. It really is that stunning. I have not regretted the purchase one bit, though it really was a significant financial decision.

I have tried to imagine what sort of offer, should I ever list it, that I would sell for. Short of a true life emergency - I can't imagine passing it on without feeling deep regret. However, if someone offered $14,500 USD, that is what I imagine it would take.

I don't write to offer a sale, just a perspective of one owner. I mostly agree that everything has a price. Coming up with my 'would probably sell it for...' price for this item help me set my next financial goal: to have liquid savings increasing at a rate that makes the thought of selling my few possessions that have what I consider significant cash value, but are truly unnecessary, is less and less likely.

Good luck on your search. These truly are watches that ought to be worn, and are very limited in number and style. I have found only one other example, a Japanese edition, that is green - and it's a bright, Kelly green, rhodium looking dial. Not even close to the aesthetic of this model. I quite like the more typical blues and even greys, reds, and blacks of the Monacos, but this one is truly quite unique.

imagwai and Remo like this.
  17. imagwai

imagwai Nov 28, 2020

Agree with some of the sentiment here that out of the five watches, this was the most exciting and special. The closest I've ever come to wanting a Monaco for sure.

18. Furioso

Furioso Dec 2, 2020

Did not realize how long my post was until I posted it. Swedish seller now has one properly listed on Chrono24, at $11317 USD. Free shipping, anyway...

I was unable to see what the previous 2 listed there sold for. One was in Dubai. $17,500 USD or so (!), the other was based in US, listed at $14,500 IIRC. Of course they might have sold for $5k, perhaps we'll never know.

19. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Dec 19, 2020

[​IMG]

THJunkie likes this.