Forums Latest Members

Tag Heuer Mikrograph Limited Edition No.100 of 150

1. rich3008

rich3008 Dec 1, 2014

Hi Guys,

I have just acquired a brand new, unworn Tag Heuer Mikrograph Limited Edition No.100 of 150 (Rose Gold Version)

Beautiful watch and amazing movement.

My question to you guys, could anyone suggest how I would go about selling this watch, due to the value of the watch i am apprehensive of just advertising it on a standard listing. Or does anyone know somebody who may be interested in this rare timepiece?

The watch is complete with box, original paper, warranty and limited edition certificate (Photos can be sent by request)

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Richard

2. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 1, 2014

That is an incredibly cool watch, probably the best way would be listing on the FS forum or something of that nature as eBay would be a bit scary for something like that, what kind of money were they new?

3. rich3008

rich3008 Dec 1, 2014

Its an amazing watch, the movement in incredible. Thanks for the advice, i will aim to get a proper advert out in next few weeks.

I believe RRP of the watch was £41500 in UK.

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 1, 2014

NIce find! Here is an article covering the Mikrograph range: http://www.calibre11.com/tag-heuer-carrera-mikrograph-2014

The new Mikrograph Avant Garde is in the 2015 catalogue with a Swiss price of CHF36,000, which is GBP23,700. From memory, your watch when new was the same price, although not sure what UK retail was.

I think you have the nicer of the two variants- is it the brown dial or anthracite?

We don't see them on the market that often, but I'd expect it to sell at a reasonable discount to the newer ones.

Can you share some photos?

dc

5. rich3008

rich3008 Dec 1, 2014

Hi DC,

I have the brown dial mikrograph, thanks for your comments, it truly is an exeptional timepiece.

I believe the original price of this watch was GBP41500, I have checked the tag heuer website and watches of Switzerland and it is still on sale for that price, is it maybe because of the rose gold body?

I notice the newer ones have a carbide body with rose gold around it.

Pictures attached,

Thanks,

IMAG0589.jpg IMAG0588.jpg IMAG0590.jpg IMAG0591.jpg
  6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 1, 2014

Such a lovely watch...really love that one, and the chocolate dial is perfect.

That may be UK retail, but the price I gave you is Swiss pricing...big difference though! There is an unworn anthracite example on Chrono24 selling for EUR25,000, which is CHF30,000 or just under GBP20,000. It's the same watch as yours but with a different dial.

Based on these prices and for a normal buyer (i.e. not one who is desperate!) on the market, I would expect it to sell at between EUR20,000 and 25,000...not more. It's a small market for watches like these, so you need to take the time to find the right buyer...if you needed to move it quickly, then you'd probably be looking at less.

7. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 1, 2014

Oh wow that thing is amazing in rose gold, especially with that Carrera style case, not as thick as I'd have expected either given the complexity of the movement

8. rich3008

rich3008 Dec 2, 2014

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm in no rush to say goodbye to this watch it is amazing.
    Was good to get some honest feedback about prices thank you D.C
    This may well stay in my collection for the time being, I also have a 300 SLR limited edition, Grand Carrera Caliper (yellow stitching with Strap) and a 2000 Aquaracer.

9. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 2, 2014

Good to hear Rich- I certainly wouldn't be in a rush to sell it...enjoy!