Forums Latest Members
  1. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 10, 2016

New watchfaces to cater Premier League Football fans!
    upload_2016-8-10_14-36-56.png

2. dtf

dtf Aug 10, 2016

Any word on the change to steel from titanium David?

3. Newfinder

Newfinder Aug 11, 2016

Titanium case, full round face, and always on screen, indeed perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight - that's why I bought it and love it.

But being a software developer, I just can't leave some things uncommented. First of all - the all four standard watchfaces

1. Themed: my favorite so far. I'm switching between ViewRanger and Google Fit. Unfortunately, there is no date window here and I'm really missing this complication. What I also don't understand - why they've put the minute numbers on this face? The same numbers at the same positions are already on the bezel! Why these redundant numbers are so important that they stay visible even on the dimmed screen?
    2. Normal 3-Hand: I'd like to use it because of the date window, but why the date is disappearing when the screen is dimmed?
    3. Chrono: again, the date is disappearing when dimmed. And what's the most annoying - the chronograph as well. Seriously, why not leave at least the minute and hour counters visible? On the other hand, when counting just seconds, the screen is dimmed far too fast, making it impossible to stop the counter on time. The screen should be fully active for at least the first minute of running chrono!
    4. GMT: well, I don't use the second time zone. Besides, the date here is also being dimmed away

Now I'm seriously thinking about programming a watchface myself :) Any idea where to find the Tag's SDK they mentioned in the presentation? :)

dtf likes this.
  4. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 11, 2016

5. Hubert

On #1, I had a similar observation about the numbering on the watch face. My guess is that they wanted to be as faithful as possible to the look of the mechanical counterpart. Maybe the team designing the watch face did not know the physical bezel would have the numbers? Oh well...

On #2, #3, #4: I supposed those compromises were done with the intent to keep the display of the dimmed hands as simple as possible, to only refresh the dial when the minute changes.

I have not been able to find their SDK. Maybe this is only available through a partnership with a signed NDA; don't know.

6. dtf

dtf Aug 11, 2016

@Hubert now you're a few months in, do you find yourself still wearing the connected? Does it drop into the rotation or do you wear it much more then your automatic watches?

7. Hubert

I wear the Connected far less than when I first got it, but still at least once or twice a week. The rest of the days I wear various quartz (TAG Heuer and other brands), and reserve the automatics for special days, where no physical activities can cause scratches.

Despite it's large size, one of the things that I like the most about the Connected, is how light it is and how comfortable its rubber band wears. Definitely looking forward to the upcoming Android Wear 2.0 release; hopefully we'll get some new and interesting functions.

dtf likes this.
  8. Wastelanderuk

Wastelanderuk Aug 12, 2016

You're wearing yours far more than I wear mine - I suspect that it may get moved on shortly to help fund a Speedmaster.

9. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 13, 2016

Do you have an iPhone? I have an Android phone (Nexus) and very much enjoy downloading new fan-made watchfaces. That makes a huge difference in retaining the novelty factor.

10. Wastelanderuk

Wastelanderuk Aug 13, 2016

I fall into the IOS user camp and although it works perfectly, it offers such a small subset of the experience thatI'm sure Android users have in terms of apps, connectivity etc.

Shevagol and Hubert like this.
  11. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Aug 14, 2016

Nothing yet..many of the TAG Heuer team are on their summer holidays!

12. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Aug 15, 2016

By the way, I doubt that it has changed to steel- in theory, that would mean the reference number would be SAR8A10..but I haven't seen this reference number used anywhere in the 2016 Connected information.

13. rolapinou

rolapinou Nov 17, 2016

Hi
    Just been offered a Connected for my 40 by my friends and starting with a connected watch.
    When I paired it with my Android phone (Google Nexus 5) for the first time, the watch uploaded some of the Apps installed on my phone, to the watch.
    I guess it was the Apps that have an Android Wear extension.
    Anyway, within those 14 Apps, there was Shazam. When I tried tio test it, it asked for an update that I never managed to make.
    Finally I updated the whole system to the last build (M1D64O) but the Shazam App had disappeared from the watch's Apps.
    I tried to factory reset the watch and restart the whole process (pairing/syncing/...) but still no Shazam on the watch.

Does anyone manages to use Shazam on his Connected with the last buid ?

Thanks !

14. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Nov 18, 2016

I have Shazam on mine. Try uninstalling then reinstalling Shazam on the phone.

15. rolapinou

rolapinou Nov 18, 2016

I tried it several times, including after a factory reset on the watch.
    I asked TAG and they suggest I get the watch to a store for service ...
    I tried to install another App I didn't have on the phone before I bought the watch and the App has been "pushed" from the phone to the watch.
    The problem is specific to Shazam.
    The guy from the TAG store in Paris told me about a manipulation to make a deeper factory reset than the one you can access through the parameter menu.
    Does anyone know about it ?

16. Hubert

@rolapinou have you tried "Resync apps" from the Android Wear app?
    upload_2016-11-18_15-21-50.png

17. rolapinou

rolapinou Nov 18, 2016

Thanks for your concern Hubert
    You gave me a huge hope with this advice as I didn't know there is a menu "hidden" there.
    Unfortunately I tried to resync apps several times ... with no succes.
    I checked under the Watch storage menu and find data related to all my apps ... but Shazam is still not here
    Am I good to send it back to TAG ?

18. Hubert

I don't think the issue is with the watch. If all other apps are working, one would deduce the problem is with the Shazam app.

19. rolapinou

rolapinou Nov 18, 2016

I agree but I'm pretty sure something went wrong when I tried to use Shazam for the first time.
    When I installed the watch and paired it for the first time, something like 14 apps were synced on the watch, including Shazam. It's my first experience with Android Wear so I tried to use each app one by one. When I tried Shazam, I had a message asking for an updated. I tried to proceed and - after a while of a circle animation - the screen came back to the watch face ... but Shazam still asked for un update. I tried again two more times with the impression that something went wrong in the process ...
    I was currently running Android 5.1.1 (didn't check the build) so decided to update the OS.
    I had to update several times in a row, considering I had at least one update that didn't ended correctly so I had to reboot after an hour on the "finalising installation" screen.

So I agree on your diagnostic but I'm surprised someone else manages to have Shazam on the watch and I don't.
    Specially, with a "fresh install".

Thanks for your concern.
    Much appreciated !

20. Douglas

Douglas Mar 8, 2019

Google has come up with a great solution for your problem, Initially, I using smartwatch with most of the apps in the play store and after many recommendations, i was happened to use wear os by google smartwatch app and after that, there is no looking back on to it. Now Stoped searching all other apps and using this.

This app is highly recommended for everyone.
    thanks