Forums Latest Members
  1. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Feb 3, 2017

Can someone tell me if I'm missing something here. I've just received an email from Watchfinder telling me about an exciting new arrival in their store, a one year old Connected priced at £1095 (against a list price of £1100).

I'm not remotely interested in the watch, but I cannot for the life of me fathom why anyone would pay £1095 for a year old smart watch when they can buy a brand new one from an AD for £1100.

It even says on the page, saving = £5 / 0%

Is it me?

2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 3, 2017

The Connected is an interesting case. When it launched back on NOV-2015, its availability was very limited in terms of inventory and it took many months for it to be offered in some countries, so it was either unavailable or sold-out for various periods of time.

Now, due to the vast amount of free-publicity and attention it got from the press and blogs alike, its scarcity/unavailability played into creating a greater sense of mystery and an enlarged sense of "exclusivity". This reminds me of a "hot" selling item, a fashion piece, or the model used by sneakers companies.

In the end, the remaining G1 inventory needs to be exhausted in anticipation of G2's release. Many gray market vendors have offered "global shipping", which again plays into countries where the Connected is still not available.

For people in the know, such as yourself, this is a no brainer. ;)

3. dtf

dtf Feb 3, 2017

I'm really hoping the prices of the first generation connected drop significantly when the G2 comes out because I'd really like the calibre 5 version of the g1

4. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Feb 4, 2017

Yes that occurred to me that the old Connected would have a residual value as a stepladder to a Calibre 5 Carrera.