Forums Latest Members
  1. danwel

danwel Jan 31, 2022

I am having a couple of issues with my watch and hoping someone can help please.
    Firstly i have sent my watch to Tag 2/3 times as i suspect a charging issue because sometimes i put it on charge and it go back to it and there is no charge in it or i put it on charge and can see it has recognised the charger and begins to charge but then i come back to it and it ins't full even after leaving it over night.

So that said is there anywhere i can source a charger as i am struggling to get a genuine charger, assuming that is my issue ?

Secondly I am trying to find the automatic head to go with my watch but really struggling to find one here in the UK so if anyone has any ideas where to look i'd her greatly appreciated.

Also on a side note, would i be best off just forgetting the Connected all together and just buying an automatic Tag fullstop or is that just an expensive decision ?

Thanks

2. neowatch

neowatch Jan 31, 2022

Hi, there are genuine charges on eBay , not too difficult to find.
    There is a mechanical head calibre 45 on gumtree at the moment.
    If you have many straps etc go for the mechanical head, it’s a much better looking watch with the strap colours than just a standard tag Heuer calibre 5 watch.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  3. danwel

danwel Jan 31, 2022

Yeah have had a look on eBay and i am UK based and the ones i can see are in Japan and USA.

Thanks for the information on the mechanical head and i would be inclined to agree to be honest. I am just getting to the stage where i am falling out of love with the connected itself and want to be able to have more than an expensive paperweight which is why i am trying to source an mechanical head

4. neowatch

neowatch Jan 31, 2022

danwel likes this.
  5. danwel

danwel Jan 31, 2022

6. neowatch

neowatch Jan 31, 2022

I have seen them for less and a lot more. The problem now is that they are very rare. If you look on chrono24 for example they are well over 1000, and that one is in germany, so you would have to pay vat on it to import it also.
    If the condition is good then 900 is fair, try 800 and agree on 850 maybe. I’ve never bought anything from gumtree however only eBay, so I’m not clear how it works.

7. danwel

danwel Jan 31, 2022

Hmmm right i see, I guess i am just trying to weigh up if i want to dump more money into the Connected or just to sell for what i can and put it towards another watch so the cheaper i could get the Calibre 5 for the better but like you say they are clearly rare.

8. neowatch

neowatch Jan 31, 2022

I think the connect with the cal 5 or 16 head is stunning watch. The choice of straps are massive, much better than you would find on a normal tag watch. I am extremely happy with mine.if not go for a nice Heuer 01 or Heuer 02 movement carrera

Albert-AMG likes this.
  9. danwel

danwel Jan 31, 2022

I think you are right the more I look, it's not that I don't like the watch but more that at some point the smart part of the watch will be obsolete

10. neowatch

neowatch Jan 31, 2022

Exactly , this is why it’s now rare, they stopped making it too early.people’s smart heads will fail making entire watch useless unless u have the mechanical heads

Albert-AMG likes this.
  11. danwel

danwel Jan 31, 2022

Hmmm, guess It's not that i don't want the mechanical head but more if I can find one at a reasonable price. This one is over a 6 hour round trip for me so got that to factor in too

12. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 31, 2022

Try charging the connected module alone (like in the picture), sometimes lugs and straps make it more difficult for the charger. Also make sure that charging pins are clean on watch and charger, and finally verify than both TH logos are perfectly aligned before charging. Put always the module first on the charger, and then plug the charger

8EF9F776-F94A-4CAC-9F02-145BA5041C9F.jpeg

If all these actions fail, then you can try to find some new charger from our member @J.C . Maybe he could have some charger for sale (he is in UK)

There is a member (from Russia) in this forum selling the Calibre 5 mechanical module together with the titanium lugs and the titanium bracelet at €1200 (EURO), which is a very reasonable price… considering the module alone costs €1600 and the titanium bracelet costs €745… this is the link to his post:
    https://forums.calibre11.com/threads/fstag-heuer-mechanical-module-45-calibre-5-titanium.140971/

If you already own the titanium bracelet and you are only interested in the mechanical module alone, there’s a shop in UK still having the Calibre 5 and Calibre 16 mechanical modules (brand new, with 2-year warranty, but at retail price: around €1600 the Calibre 5 and €2700 the Calibre 16), and also straps and other accessories for the Connected Modular 45, not easy to find. This is the website of the shop:
    https://steffans.co.uk/
    And Wesley Sutter is the person who manages the accessories for the Modular 45:
    wes@steffans.co.uk

@danwel , you have IMO the best smartwatch ever made, because Gen2 Modular 45 was the first Swiss Made smartwatch (current Gen3 and future Gen4 TH Connected are made in China), and above all because it’s Modular. So you will never have a very expensive paperweight (as you would have with Gen3) if you also have at least one mechanical module to use with it (even better if you have two, of course ;)). So when someday the connected module becomes obsolete, you can still enjoy your Modular watch with the mechanical module(s). Even if you buy them at retail price brand new, paying €1600 to have a very nice Carrera Calibre 5 with titanium case and ceramic bezel is a great price. Just look at the price for a regular Carrera Calibre 5 in steel… and the same applies for the Carrera Callbre 16 module. So as soon as you have the Connected Modular 45, this open you the door to the great option of the mechanical modules.

And if in the future your connected module has battery or screen issues, you also could buy a connected module alone (there are usually some for sale at ebay, or @J.C also could have some of them for sale), and the price is obviously lower than for a complete TH Connected.

So my advice is: keep your Gen2 Modular 45 and buy one or two mechanical modules to make it future proof, so #connectedtoeternity ;) :thumbsup:

neowatch and Akineton like this.
  13. danwel

danwel Jan 31, 2022

Wow, thank you so very much for taking the time to reply. You have made me feel a lot better about the watch.

I will try to charge the watch without the strap and i have already just cleaned the points so will keep trying. I am thinking it may be my charger as it has been to Tag 2/3 times now and they have picked up nothing.

I actually bought my watch from Steffans as it happens so will give them a try.

The guy from Russian selling the watch i have just looked at and it looks like a good option as i am sure mine is just the stainless lugs but not 100% without checking and no i don't have the nice strap in the advert either so that is an option.

I am also looking at one mentioned here for sale on gumtree and going to chat to the guy tomorrow.

Overall you are right, i do need a mechanical head for my watch and that is what i am going to aim for now but i had no idea they were the bit harder to find now lol

neowatch and Albert-AMG like this.
  14. Albert-AMG

:) Glad to read that :thumbsup: I really love the Modular concept ::love::

F2F12B99-0AED-4A56-A28D-20C6DFCFE7F2.jpeg

Stainless lugs don’t exist: all Gen2 Modular 45 are made in titanium, so if your lugs are silver colour, they are titanium. If you buy the complete set to the Russian forum member, then you would have two sets of titanium lugs. You could keep both, or you could sell one set. Retail price for the titanium lugs alone (AFB3249) was €835, and they are usually sold at ebay for €300-400 (or even more) depending on the condition.

15. danwel

danwel Jan 31, 2022

Wow, is that all your collection ? That looks fantastic.

Yes indeed my lugs are silver as i am looking at it now. Had no idea that the lugs were that expensive to be fair.

I think the set from the Russian member on here looks a reasonable deal but the condition of the watch doesn't come close to the one i am hopefully viewing tomorrow as it is described as like new and has only been worn 8-10 times i am told and he is wanting at the moment £900 but hoping to negotiate but we shall see.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  16. Albert-AMG

Well, in fact that is part of my Modular 45 collection, but I love the official display :)

This is all my Modular collection ;)

93DD9488-A237-4953-808E-8785DD7343AC.jpeg

17. danwel

danwel Jan 31, 2022

Oh my goodness, i have not idea to even know where to begin !!! What is the head that has the "Dubai" on it ?
    i also had no idea they did so man straps and that is an awful lot of buckets you have to go with them too

neowatch and Albert-AMG like this.
  18. Albert-AMG

The Dubai connected module is from the TH Connected Modular 45 Dubai Special Edition (Limited to 200 pcs, and only sold in Dubai). I had to buy a complete set from a guy in Dubai to get the specific strap of that edition:
    6C7F0CFE-BDCF-4B2F-BF4A-548922B6C129.jpeg

Just because I challenged myself to collect all the different straps that TAG Heuer made for the Gen2 Modular 45, including the limited/special editions. It's amazing how many they did! ::love::

Of course, I would not have made all that investment if it had not been for the Modular system that will allow me to continue enjoying all those straps with the mechanical Calibre 5 and Calibre 16 modules the day the connected modules become obsolete. Although I also found a brand new connected module that I keep as a spare, unused ;)

About the buckles, in fact just one titanium and one black ceramic would be enough, sharing them with the straps thanks to its quick release system... but even if it's fast, it's even faster if each strap has its own buckle :D. That's another challenge I set for myself ::screwloose:: :D

19. danwel

danwel Jan 31, 2022

Thanks for the info on the Dubai model, i had no idea it existed.

I can see the logic with the strap buckles for each strap even if it is a bit unnecessary lol.

I really like the Alec Monopoly edition and when i saw that released i really fancied it but never committed to buying in the end although not sure i would have got one anyway

Albert-AMG likes this.
  20. Albert-AMG

:thumbsup: Yes, as it was only sold in Dubai, it was not known out of there. I love the blue of the specific strap… it was really hard to get!

9700658A-DA94-4146-8BC9-6F2ED9D9DBFD.jpeg
    :D :D :D

Yes, this is one of the coolest straps for the Modular 45, as it is in fact unique. This was a limited edition of 300 pcs, and all the 300 straps were painted by Alec Monopoly in a big mural, so all 300 are different. I was lucky to find the complete set at a reasonable price in Germany, through Chrono24

417B9BA3-E074-4CA6-A493-2D0E3D93F293.jpeg

02DA68F7-E991-4A8D-A090-17D11C0EBA0E.jpeg

319D3151-9D8C-43A0-A751-402F5C044CAF.jpeg

Jim Dollares and neowatch like this.