Forums Latest Members

TAG Heuer Connected E2 Modular 41 - Bluetooth Heart rate monitor

1. kylemcdonald7

kylemcdonald7 Aug 11, 2020

Hi,
    I wanted to know if anyone had connected a Bluetooth heart rate monitor to the Connected 41?

I noticed on the last update in Google fit you can scan for Bluetooth sensors. I was wondering if anyone had been able to connect one before i waste my time and money buying a Bluetooth heart rate monitor.

Thanks

2. VRman

VRman Aug 11, 2020

I am currently using the Scosche RHYTHM+ with Google fit. I've tested several over the past couple of years and this is has been the best for my Gen2 Connected 45 as far as reliable connection and performance thru wear OS, fit and TH updates.
    Below is an example of the HRM reading from the watch.
    screen - 4.png

3. kylemcdonald7

kylemcdonald7 Aug 15, 2020

Thanks for the recommendation. Going to give one of these a go.

4. kylemcdonald7

kylemcdonald7 Aug 15, 2020

Sorry, I just have a question. Can the heart rate monitor be used standalone? And then connected to the Tag after exercise? Thanks

5. kwilcox

kwilcox Aug 16, 2020

what's the impact on battery life?

6. VRman

VRman Aug 19, 2020

It's only reading real time, no storage or display on that HRM so it has to be connected to be of use.

7. VRman

VRman Aug 19, 2020

From a 100% charge, I am usually seeing 25-30% drop for HRM connected 1.5-2.0 hrs. I just connect it up without any other watch setting changes so this could most definitely be improved with some watch tweaking.

kylemcdonald7 likes this.
  8. kylemcdonald7

kylemcdonald7 Aug 20, 2020

Thanks. I originally wanted a HR Monitor to track my runs. However i also wanted something that would be able to track my sports. I'm a little nervous about wearing my Tag Connected when playing football. That's why i was hoping this might work as a standalone, therefore I have decided to buy an Huawei smart watch. It works well with my Huawei phone and only cost £99. Thanks for your help!