Forums Latest Members
  1. manzur

manzur Oct 10, 2016

I purchased the TH Connected 3 days ago, and I wanted to know if it is normal that my battery is lasting me a maximum of 10 hours.

A little bit of background:
    - Purchased watch 3 days ago
    - Charged watch to 100%
    - Connected phone using Android Wear app (this was a tedious process, with at least 5 attempts. Each time it connected, the watch and the phone would say "syncing" and "updating" respectively, and then 5 minutes into the process, the watch would stop syncing, while the phone app would hang at updating. After restarting the phone, I couldn't connect the watch with the phone no matter what I tried. So after every failed attempt, I factory restarted the watch, and tried syncing again. I also made sure the phone app was updated, and rebooted the phone each time (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Duos)
    - Finally, the syncing process was complete. I have used other smartwatches with this phone (LG, Huawei etc.) Never had any such difficulty in the past.
    - Initially, after each charge up to 100%, the battery would last me 4 to 5 hours. on Day 1
    - I switched off "Tilt to wake up" on the app as well as "Gestures" on the watch. Brought brightness down to level 1 (lowest). Battery life improved to 10 hours
    - Turned off WiFi on the watch. App forecasted battery to last 12 hours.
    - Note: I have several apps installed, and I dont know how to check if any of them is draining the charge.

Frankly, I don't mind keeping all of those things turned off as long as i can get the promised 25 hours on 100% charge.

and by the way, I just absolutely love this watch. The brand. The legacy of TH. The LVMH family. The build and design of the watch. The feel. Everything. It is a cool and sophisticated smartwatch that I don't mind wearing instead of my Rolex or Rado. Just wish the battery would last me at least 24 hours without worrying.

2. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 10, 2016

Could be an app or possibly when its new sometimes you are constantly playing with it and that unusually high usage reduced the battery time a lot, when I got Apple watch when it was first released I drained it in under 4 hours by playing with it constantly. 25 hours I'm guessing is typical daily usage rather than using it constantly playing with different apps but not sure what your usage is like.

manzur likes this.
  3. manzur

manzur Oct 10, 2016

Here's the thing. I'm actually not playing with it. I'm either wearing it sparingly on my wrist or just leaving it on the table right in front of me while I work. I didn't want wrist motions or my constant fiddling to drain the battery.

I'm hoping that in the initial days, the phone will be busy syncing all the various apps until it reaches a steady state. So I'm waiting to observe for about a week. Meanwhile, if any other THC owners could comment or share their experience, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks!

4. Lloydo

Lloydo Oct 10, 2016

Interestingly mine has been returned to Tag for investigation - mine was working perfectly fine until a couple of weeks ago. Charged the same to 100% but three consecutive days in a row it only lasted for 3 hours.
    Be interested to see if anyone else has had any problems with theirs?

5. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Oct 10, 2016

How's your battery life @Hubert ?

6. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Oct 10, 2016

It all depends; if I am running the "native/official" watch faces, the duration is pretty good, however I haven't taken measurements recently, but from what I remember, it could last overnight. However, if I am running 3rd-party watch faces, those will definitely drain the battery much faster.

For the days when I wear the Connected it in the office, I have it charging while I work on the computer. For the days when I won't wear it, I simply turn it off.

7. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Oct 12, 2016

I'll pass this question on to TAG Heuer and see what the advice is

8. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Oct 19, 2016

*Update*

Some feedback from TAG Heuer

- Please check that your watch is up to date
    Settings > About > System update. The current build number is M1D64B. Update the watch until you get this version
    - Check if you have any location apps running- e.g. Strava. These can drain the battery
    - If the battery still last 4h please e-mail TAG Heuer direct support@tagheuerconnected.com

dc