Forums Latest Members

Tag Heuer 570.206r Chronograph help with functions

1. Patris

Patris Jan 11, 2022

Good morning,

I've a 570.206r quartz Chronograph, I don't understand if the the left 12 hour hands works and how works.

I can't find any manual that explain the functions and how to reset to 0(if it is possible).

Anyone can helps with this?
    Thank you

2. Jeremy Bond

Jeremy Bond Jun 15, 2022

Hi Patris: I have this watch and in case you're still trying to figure it out, here's how it works: the top left hour dial is part of the stopwatch function, and records the hours elapsed since the stopwatch was started. However, just like the top right dial (the tenths of a second dial), it doesn't move until the stopwatch is stopped either with the laptime button (the button at 4 o'clock) or the stop button (the 2 o'clock button).
    So as an example, say you want to time something. You start the stopwatch by pressing the 2 o'clock button. The large black second hand will start moving. Once you have been timing for more than a minute, the red hand will record the number of minutes timed. Now let's say you want a laptime so you press the 4 o'clock button. The black hand will stop, and the tenths of a second dial (which up to now has not moved) will now move to the appropriate reading to give you the fraction of the second in tenths. Press the 4 o'clock button again and the black hand and the red hand will 'jump' ahead to the current elapsed time but the tenths dial will reset to zero, ready for the next time you stop the stopwatch.
    The hours dial works in the same way as the tenths dial but you'll have to have been timing something for at least an hour. But again, it won't move until you stop the stopwatch to either time a lap or end the timing altogether. When you do, it will show the hours elapsed for whatever you've been timing. To reset all elements of the stopwatch (the black second hand, the red minute hand, the tenths dial and the hours dial), stop the stopwatch completely (by pressing the 2 o'clock button). Then press the 4 o'clock button. The minute and second hands will go to 12. The tenths dial and the hours dial will go back to zero.
    I hope this helps!!

Albert-AMG likes this.