Forums Latest Members

Tag Heuer 3000 professional - how to set date instructions

1. EJN

EJN Jan 5, 2015

i just acquired a tag heuer 3000 ladies professional model with a single screw down crown that clicks out 3 times. It looks just like the 3000 photo on this forum. I can't seem to be able to change the date. It is keeping time. Can't tell if it is broken or I am doing something wrong.
    Does anyone have a users manual for this watch? Or instructions to set the date ? Have searched web and cannot find. Appreciate any help.

2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 6, 2015

Hi. Do you have a photo of the watch? The most likely movement in the watch is a ESA 556.111, which is basically the same as the ETA 956.111. This quartz movement was commonly used by TAG Heuer in the 1980s for the lady range.

If that is correct, then the movements are quite cheap to buy. For example, here is one in another NOS watch on sale for $25:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prisma-flat...724141754?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item3f44055cbaPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

This won't have the correct TAG Heuer markings, but this is purely cosmetic.

Best bet would be to have it looked at by a watchmaker, who can also confirm the movement- but remember that you will be able to buy a new movement for less than it will likely cost to repair.

dc

3. EJN

EJN Jan 6, 2015

[​IMG]
    Here is a photo

4. EJN

EJN Jan 6, 2015

On back it says model 934 208.

5. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 6, 2015

Here is the watch in the 1987 Catalogue:
    Scans101.jpg

I doubt that you are doing anything wrong- typically pulling the crown out all the way will change the time and the position before that will change the date.

My guess is something is stuck with the date wheel given the rest of the watch is working.

dc

6. EJN

EJN Jan 7, 2015

Third try worked. Perhaps because I tried in the AM instead of PM.