Forums Latest Members
  1. Dliesmith

Dliesmith Dec 15, 2019

Hi
    Just purchased a Tag Heuer Connected 45 and was wondering if anyone knows if there is a shorter strap available? I have adjusted the strap as far as it can go and it the watch is still a bit on the loose side.

Thanks!

2. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 15, 2019

Hi and welcome!

When the TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 was launched, the straps were too long for most of the wrists, and this problem was later solved by TH with shorter straps (but keeping the same reference number). When the watch was bought new to the AD, TAG Heuer offered free replacement for these too long straps, but I don’t know if you have bought it new or second hand.

So, if you buy additional straps online, be sure that you are going to receive the updated size and not the first version: the shortest half of the strap measures 9.5cm in the old version, and 7.5cm in the updated version. Ask this size to the seller before buying it, to be sure.

C870F87B-D4DA-4AE1-B5FC-14287D013705.jpeg

3. Dliesmith

Dliesmith Dec 15, 2019

Thank You
    Looks like the band measures about 4” which is close to the 9.5CM. It appears that I have the longer band

B4797AD8-FCFD-443E-9A77-DCB43C439329.jpeg
  4. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 15, 2019

Yes, for sure you have the older/longer strap version. If you bought the watch in a TAG Heuer AD, you can ask them the replacement of the strap for free.

Otherwise, if you can’t get the free replacement (I would go to an AD to ask for it) the solution to save your current strap is connecting the buckle directly to the strap, removing the link of the buckle. But then it will be not so quick to release from the strap...

0F3E13D5-8E48-4CBC-84F2-087D865E8B7E.jpeg
    If you have plans to buy more straps but not more buckles, then it’s better to keep the link on the buckle and don’t use again (or change) this long strap as soon as you have the updated/shorter straps

5. Dliesmith

Dliesmith Dec 15, 2019

Thank you so much!

Albert-AMG likes this.
  6. Dliesmith

Dliesmith Dec 20, 2019

Does anyone know if the straps that Tag Heuer currently sells on line (for the 45) are of the newer/shorter version?

Thank you

7. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 21, 2019

It should be the shorter version, because it’s the newer version, but it’s better that you ask for the shorter version when you order it (and/or ask the seller for the size of the straps that you are going to receive), because both versions have same part number, so the only way to identify the version is measuring the straps