SuperLuminova brightness

I have just become a TAG Heuer owner for the first time (previously, Breitling) having bought a new Carrera Calibre 16 Day/Date Chronograph, ceramic bezel, etc.

I have always liked the look of these watches, and had an impulse purchase moment on Christmas Eve (I blame my wife...)

Whilst I am very pleased overall, so far I am disappointed by the lack of brightness from the luminous finish on the hour/minute hands. I understood that these were SuperLuminova coated, and normally one of the pleasures of a new watch is enjoying super bright hands in the dark!

Is this just a case of weak winter northern European daylight so far failing to energise the finish, or should I expect better from the box?

Also, I am a little surprised than none of the dial markings has any luminous finish, so night time legibility is definitely not a good point for this watch.

All my Carreras have had weak lume. I think it's just a feature of the watch.

Is there any option for having these relumed, or does it require a new face and hands? I have the same issues with my SEL and Link models.

Is there any option for having these relumed, or does it require a new face and hands? I have the same issues with my SEL and Link models.

Yes, you can re-lume any watch. The downside is that collectors prefer "aged" lume...but to be honest I'd certainly look at the lume if that works better for you. Just have to make sure that you go to someone who knows what they're doing so that they get the colour right.

If you get the heuer 01 43mm i think the lume is quite strong compare to other before carreras. But make sure of it before you decide to purchase it. It just my point of view.