Forums Latest Members

SOLD Heuer Montreal - Blue Dial, applied markers, Cal. 12 - ref 110.503B

1. Lonestar

Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Apr 21, 2021

Respectable C11 members,

For sale is my Cal.12 Heuer Montreal with Blue Dial and applied markers ref 110.503B
    (http://www.onthedash.com/chronograph/montreal-reference-110-503-blue-dial-applied-markers/)

This is a watch I purchased late last year, and that I have to let go to prepare an incoming purchase... Not quite a catch and release, but almost.

The Montreal definitely has a lot of 70's-ness to it, with its big case, even by today's standards, colorful dial, even by Heuer's standards, and a slightly tuned iteration of the mythical Cal.11 which will be known forever as the first Automatic chrono production movement (take that, Seiko and Zenith :D). In the mid-70's it was replaced by a version with a more mundane 7750, this one is the real deal though.

I believe the watch is 100%original, with the correct fluted pushers and signed crown. I like to think that it is unpolished, and it retains some of its original sunburst finish on the case and sharp edges, while showing obvious signs of use that are consistent with the absence of any polishing and refinishing.

Edit: a sharp-eyed OF member pointed out that the 9 o'clock lume plot has probably been touched up as it's a different size - definitely a touch-up on the hour hand where the lume had begun to crack. Thank you Igor!

It is sold on its original bracelet, which actually has very minimal stretch, and will easily accomodate wrists up to 20cm,

Although I have not timed it accurately as my timegrapher is OOO, It appears to keep time within a dozen seconds per per day or so, as I wore it over the past 36hrs (keep in mind there is no sweeping second so harder to judge!) Service history is unknown however, as often.

IMG_20210420_193153497.jpg IMG_20210214_151843870.jpg IMG_20210214_151829080_HDR.jpg IMG_20210214_151745533_HDR.jpg IMG_20210214_151728515_HDR.jpg IMG_20210214_151655531_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210214_151551366.jpg

There are 5 of them FS on C24 as I'm writing this, with prices between $3.7K and $5.8K (yee-haaaw :eek:) and you can check them out here (https://www.chrono24.com/search/index.htm?currencyId=CHF&dialColor=710&dosearch=true&facets=dialColor&facets=dialNumbers&maxAgeInDays=0&pageSize=60&query=HEuer Montreal&redirectToSearchIndex=true&resultview=block&searchexplain=1&sortorder=0) - and I'm not sure any of them is a good deal :D

I will ask for a more reasonable 2'700 USD / 2'500 CHF / 2'300 EUR / 206'000INR (and why the heck not?) - other currencies available upon request, this includes fully insured shipping from Switzerland to Western Europe, paid to my transferwise account, net to me. This way it looks like a “local” wire to you regardless of where you are in the world and is as smooth as silk a banking experience as you can get (Even US buyers get it right first time :D). If you are in other parts of the world, let's talk about how to get it to you, I'm sure we can find a smart way ;) If you are in the Lemanic area, then I’d be glad to give you a discount, meet you in person with a mask, hand it over to you with a bow, and the beer is on me next time the bars are open . I am primarily looking for cash to fund (yet - sigh) another purchase, no trades for now please.

Sales Terms: (inspired by Spacefruit's)
    I only sell to bring some new pieces to my collection. I am not motivated by profit and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe, but I am not bothered by an uplift. I have (mostly) bought and sold (some) watches on www.OmegaForums.net and you can find my references here (https://omegaforums.net/search/13903340/?q=lonestar&o=date&c[node]=10) . I have met many miscellaneous brand forum members in person in the Lemanic area as well as in Biel and Milan a few times, and I hope I made a good impression on them. I am not a watch dealer, I make my money elsewhere, watches are my pleasure, but I’m not a philanthropist either. I am not in the least offended by offers, as long as you aren't lowballing me - If you are, I will likely ignore you at the very worst ;)

Returns:
    I have done my best to provide as much info as I could. I will happily answer all your questions before the sale, and snap more pictures for you. I will not take returns for this watch unless you consider it is grossly misrepresented and you are willing to have a discussion about it all, openly, on omegaforums, i.e. not by PM but into the limelight, as I value my fellow C11 and OF members opinions. I am opinionated, but not stubborn.

Payment:
    Payment by Bank Transfer only. Paypal are a bunch of thieves. I will never, ever use them again, they are expensive and their protection level as a seller and/or a buyer when one is facing an experienced scumbag is nil. No more paypal for me, period. Face to face delivery is always welcome in the Lemanic area even in Covid times, as long as we both wear a mask :)

Thank you mods for the space, and stay safe everyone.
    Best,
    Paul

Edited Apr 22, 2021
    SteveP, imagwai, HoltzPlatz and 2 others like this.
  2. Yago

Yago Apr 21, 2021

Glws!

Lonestar likes this.
  3. HoltzPlatz

HoltzPlatz Apr 22, 2021

Beautiful in any condition, but I'm not so sure of the "original bracelet" part of it.

Lonestar likes this.
  4. Lonestar

Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Apr 22, 2021

Thank you for your comment - there's quite a few pictures of Montreal's with this very bracelet on a few reference sites... But I'm happy to learn if you can educate me

5. SteveP

SteveP Apr 22, 2021

I don't see a problem with bracelet-certainly this style was one issued with the Montreal. The price is good anyway-GLWTS! :thumbsup:

HoltzPlatz and Lonestar like this.
  6. HoltzPlatz

HoltzPlatz Apr 23, 2021

Ok, I learned a lesson here. Thanks Steve, now the search to find a bracelet to fit mine begins. Ain't gonna be easy I suspect!

Lonestar likes this.
  7. Lonestar

Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Apr 23, 2021

Watch is OHPF - thank you all :thumbsup:

Edit -now sold and going to a good home on the other end of the world. Bye bye Montreal :oops:

Edited Apr 23, 2021
  8. Yago

Yago Apr 23, 2021

Didn’t think it would last long :thumbsup:

Lonestar likes this.