Forums Latest Members

Serious E1 and E2 Modular issue - factory faces

1. neowatch

neowatch Apr 8, 2022

Hi everyone, please can any of the top guys help here.
    Many of the factory faces like the Giro, Man U, Dubai have gone from the play store recently but the red bull remains.
    Have anyone else seen this or have a reason why ?
    It’s only happened in the last 3 months, maybe as recent as when the E4 came out ?
    Is it an error by Tag or have they done it purposely ?
    Warning DO NOT reset your watch as you may not be able to get these back !!!

2. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 8, 2022

Hi @neowatch !

I guess that when the collaborations or sponsorship contracts end, those faces with commercial links with other brands or events also cease to be available. Since TAG Heuer continues to sponsor Red Bull F1, that face is still available. Possibly TH no longer sponsors the Giro d’Italia, or the contract that was made for the Gen2 Modular 45 Giro d'Italia limited edition would have determined a specific time of availability of that face in the Play Store

Anthony.R, neowatch and cassis like this.
  3. neowatch

neowatch Apr 8, 2022

This is very sad news as I especially like the giro face. I am glad I have already loaded these faces onto my electronic modules, but not so happy that I cannot reset them and reload them if I change my phone.

4. Albert-AMG

Don’t worry, this 2in1 version by WatchMaker is even better than the original face (better dim mode) ;)

458A321C-1027-4D8C-8750-F87694D3FE96.jpeg 6FCCAD53-5A57-4654-86B5-71248210BFD9.jpeg
    Link for WatchMaker:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hs0k43aetkmbau8/Modular45-Giro.watch?dl=0

Robert Simony and neowatch like this.
  5. neowatch

neowatch Apr 8, 2022

Many thanks Albert, at least we have these to rely on. My point is that Tag sold many of the special edition watches, like me buying the Giro d’italia but now cannot get these back if we reset them to pair with new phones. I will ask Tag, but I fear you are right about the sponsorship. I’m now scared to connect the watch to the internet again just in case it uninstalls it.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  6. Albert-AMG

As your Giro d’Italia face was factory installed in your Giro d’Italia watch (and not later installed through the Google Play Store app), I guess your watch will always keep that Giro d’Italia face, even if you factory reset the watch to pair it with another phone :thumbsup:

7. neowatch

neowatch Apr 8, 2022

Hi Albert, no the face went when the watch was reset, this is the problem, it was preloaded on top of the basic software and never part of the basic software unfortunately for the Giro d’italia face. Same as my Man Utd watch, it needed reloading.

8. Albert-AMG

:eek:

With the Kingsman, Alec Monopoly, and Dubai editions that doesn't happen. In those three editions, the specific faces are kept when the watch is factory reset, they do not have to be installed again from the Google Play Store app, so you never lose those faces. It is strange that the same does not happen with the Giro d'Italia and Man Utd editions... :unsure:

9. neowatch

neowatch Apr 8, 2022

Yes this is strange, but for the 3 editions you mentioned they have different markings on the back, the others have the same markings as the standard modules. So I guess they used the standard modules for these and just loaded the face on top. Has anyone else got the Man Utd special edition watch to confirm this ?

Albert-AMG likes this.
  10. Danny eykens

Danny eykens Nov 13, 2023

11. Danny eykens

Danny eykens Nov 13, 2023

Can I still find this face ?
    I payed for the app
    But do I also
    Have to pay for the vip to get this face

12. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Nov 14, 2023

You just need the Premium account (just one payment, less than $10) of WatchMaker to be able to use the faces that you find in our forum. You don’t need to pay more for the VIP account nor any other subscription

Anthony.R likes this.