Forums Latest Members

Series 1500 - Granite Face - Needs New Clasp

1. Sallyday10

Sallyday10 Dec 21, 2021

Hi All,

I have a 1500 series that I bought from new circa 1999, I've included some pictures.

The clasp that closes over the bracelet has worn loose, so I'm on the lookout for a new clasp or bracelet. Bracelet code is 610/410.

I'd like to fix it with an exact replacement, and having looked on the 'Bay' and the inter-web, I've not been able to source a 'reasonably' priced option.

Any ideas or clues are greatly appreciated.

For the eagle-eyed out there, you may notice that the hands on my watch are not as per the original 1500 series build. A few years ago I had problems with the crown that meant the internal movement needed to be completely replaced. The watch came back with these hands (not too happy) but the illuminous material on the original set had collapsed and were rattling around on the face for a while.

Cheers guys!

Mike.

watch1.jpg watch2.jpg watch3.jpg
  2. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Dec 21, 2021

Sometimes people search Ebay and other places thinking it will be easy and cheap, while forgetting that original parts directly from TAG Heuer can be the cheapest and easiest option. Not sure if they still offer this but have you checked with TAG Heuer via an authorized dealer or boutique?

3. Marcos Alvarenga

Marcos Alvarenga Dec 21, 2021

I have one identical to yours.

I like it very much in a brown leather bracelet. But often use it with the original bracelet.

I think it can be easily fixed. A little more pressure would do.

4. Sallyday10

Sallyday10 Dec 21, 2021

I did enquire at the shop in Madchester at the weekend, I'm expecting an email from their service centre over the next few days.

5. Sallyday10

Sallyday10 Dec 21, 2021

Hi
    Marcos,

not sure what you mean by 'a little more pressure. The clasp will close properly, it just doesn't 'click' into place like it used to, so it now flaps loosely around. I think wearing it almost every day for over 20 years has eventually worn away the retaining lugs, or the edge of the bracelet that these lugs rub against during opening/closing. You can see evidence of this 'wear' in the photograph.

6. Marcos Alvarenga

Marcos Alvarenga Dec 21, 2021

Now I
    Now I understood.

7. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Dec 21, 2021

This is why when I wear a watch it’s on 24\7, minimal wear on bracelet catches.