Forums Latest Members
  1. tommybayshore

tommybayshore Nov 25, 2017

I have a brand new Modular 45. Im trying to register it on the Tag website and its asking me for serial number and reference number. When i look at the back of my watch i see two long alpha numeric codes, one is on the right and one is on the top. Which one is which?

2. MRC

MRC Nov 26, 2017

judging by the images I've found the one with "8A80" somewhere in it is the reference, on the top in the photos I've seen. So the one to the right is probably the serial number. But these days I would expect them to be on the box also.

3. Alexjl

Alexjl Dec 16, 2017

I second this question. The serial and reference numbers aren't laid out on the case like a normal Tag Heuer watch is, and typing in both numbers in the reference returns a "not recognized" response.

Has anyone successfully registered their smartwatch on the Tag website? Or are the smartwatches not considered actual watches by Tag? Guess it would make sense if the latter, considering the implied finite lifespans.

4. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere Dec 18, 2017

I actually just went to the tagheuer.com website and pulled the second code from the one that matched the watch I purchased: SBF8A8001.11FT6076. For the serial I used the other number that's on the watch. I was able to add the watch to my profile with those numbers.

5. Alexjl

Alexjl Dec 20, 2017

That worked perfectly! Thank you!

Never thought of using the ref number from the website, I wonder why the second half was omitted from the caseback though...

6. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

When the current-revised website launched, I tried to enter (register) some of my watches. After failing to recognize 3 in a row, I gave up.

Based on your feedback, it seems the model-database is still very limited.

7. Random_nickname

Random_nickname Jan 15, 2018

The number below the charging points is the reference number and the serial is written horizontally around the base opposite the crown button. Mine registered fine. You will then be asked to confirm which watch you actually own by selecting from current models.

8. Kluv74

Kluv74 Jan 17, 2018

your serial number is also listed on the warranty card included with your watch in the box. It looks like a credit card.