Forums Latest Members
  1. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Dec 21, 2015

Yeah, I read about it on watchuseek many years ago and saw your articles as well. It's such a sad story. The fact that Senna gave his watch to his mechanic Ron Pellat makes it so special; it's truly tragic that the family felt they needed to sell it for the money.

I'll never sell any of my old watches, each one has sentimental value, especially those that were given to me as gifts. Like my very first S/el, which was the S95.806k, given to me as a birthday present by my at the time girlfriend who is now my wife.

2. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Dec 22, 2015

While the creme faced dial ana-digi S/el is perhaps Senna's most famous watch, I have noticed that he has worn other S/el watches too.
    For example, the dark grey faced ana-digi S/el shown below:
    [​IMG]

Also, I've normally always seen him with leather straps. But in this pic, he's wearing the S/el on a metal bracelet. Not sure which model.
    [​IMG]

During the '91 Japanese GP, where he won his 3rd and final world championship, he wore this red strapped watch. I'm not sure if this is his SEL on a custom red strap or more likely a Tag Heuer F1 watch. If so, this might be one of the few times he actually wore the F1 watch instead of his ana-digi SELs, prior to switching to the 6000 series.
    [​IMG]