Forums Latest Members

searching carrera 1553N - blue dial...

1. ilja

ilja Feb 27, 2017

heuer care 1553 N - anybody wants to sell it ? seems to be my actual grail watch... :)

2. abrod520

abrod520 Feb 27, 2017

Set an eBay alert, they tend to come up from time to time there. Maybe set a WatchRecon alert too, and post a WTB ad at the OnTheDash vintage Heuer forum if you haven't already. Good luck

3. ilja

ilja Feb 27, 2017

thanks for your ideas, some are already done. but I hope here someone will read it and perhaps think about selling it. problem with ebay, I am not shure if its a "mixed watch" or not. at this forum I hope the user are more honest than some ebay seller...
    waht is an WTB ad ? want to buy ? how does this look ? I am new in this forum ( not new in watches ;-)
    merci. greetings from munich.

4. elbeik

elbeik Feb 28, 2017

5. elbeik

elbeik Feb 28, 2017

6. ilja

ilja Feb 28, 2017

hey... yes they are... thanks for the hints.. .of course I know them already :) the one is in a "over-perfect" condition and a bit too much "serviced" I guess... and a little too far away from the price I wanted to pay... and the one from paris is great, but they didn't react on my first mail contact to see some bigger pictures... some weeks before, and the hour hand, looks bit "crusty"....
    I hoped, someone here is perhaps selling its own. thanks....

7. abrod520

abrod520 Feb 28, 2017

The German one is the one to get - it's actually not a bad price considering it's on what could be its original Gay Freres "beads of rice" bracelet. Believe me, you want to get one with a bracelet :)

8. ilja

ilja Feb 28, 2017

:) - perhaps your right... In fact, I am more of a metal bracelet fan, than leather..., the heuer's with a leather are ok, because of the racing look, if you get one.
    But you're right, this one is exactly what I am looking for. in perfect "conditions" perhaps a bit too much polished, isn't ?
    but 4.850.- is too far away from what I would like to spend... hmmmm difficult... :-/

9. abrod520

abrod520 Mar 1, 2017

Something I've learned about collecting vintage Heuer... today's too expensive is tomorrow's cheap. I missed out on a nice early 1153 because of that

10. ilja

ilja Mar 1, 2017

::shy:::unsure::thumbsup::D:)....well I guess that's true...