S/el Automatic Chrono Movement

Hi, I’ve had my S/el Automatic Chronograph going on 25 years now. It’s still in almost mint condition.
I’ve recently purchased a timegrapher to measure some of my other watches, wondering if anyone knew the specs of the movement in the Tag? Calibre, lift angle etc?

cheers

Thanks, doesn’t seem to be a lot of information around from what I can find.

For a 25 year old non certified watch, it is still surprisingly accurate.

IMG_0546.jpeg Just signed up to help with answer.

I have the exact same watch, with an extra scuff mark or two :)

The movement is a modified ETA 7750 chronograph. A workhorse used in a lot of high quality/end Swiss watches. Watches often costing many times that of our TAG, just with hyped brand and minor movement decorations - like most, if not all, Hublot chronograph models, Rolex Yachtmaster and Daytona series, Breitling Chronomats and Super Ocean, IWC Schaffhausen Pilot and Cousteau, Kobold, and more.

The modification being the Quick Dateset feature on the crown. Most 7750 movements have a recessed push button on upper left side of the movement for quickly setting the date. Ours has the feature incorporated into the crown. It has been a couple years since i last had it on my wrist (juggling about a dozen Panerai these past 2 years), but i believe turning the crown clockwise, at extended position, set just the date.
IMG_0536.jpeg