Forums Latest Members
  1. sstakoff

sstakoff Feb 19, 2017

I have a calibre 11-i that I recently performed a service on. Once the watch was reassembled I noticed a rough feel when manually winding. I was wondering if this is the norm for this calibre. On a technical note, the reason for this roughness is that the wig-wag pinion remains engaged to the winding-up wheel and/or the reduction gear. This causes the clutch on the coupling wheel to slip (as it should). The clutch slipping is the actual roughness that I feel. Removing the micro rotor, I can move the wig-wag out of the way and the manual winding is quite smooth. It is quite possible that this is perfectly normal for this calibre - but I'm not sure. Any help appreciated.

2. Jonathan S

Jonathan S Feb 19, 2017

It crops up quite a bit that they feel "rough" to wind, but it is just the nature of the watch, back in the day Heuer did not encourage manual winding, the very early ADs stated they had "moved the winder so you don't accidentally wind it" !!??

Calibre11 likes this.
  3. sstakoff

sstakoff Feb 19, 2017

Thanks. That's what I suspected but wanted to confirm from someone with more practical experience with these watches.