Forums Latest Members

Response from Tag Heuer Switzerland on my questionable heuer 73473

1. Chef40

Chef40 Apr 1, 2019

I bought this heuer 73473 with blue dial and posted on here and no one could give me a definitive answer to if it was genuine and left the heuer factory like this. I wrote to tag heuer and they replied and I have copied it below. Would like people’s opinions if it is worth it and do they have access to much more information that is in the public domain. B2C51AE7-D174-401B-A101-2C897B3EFFE3.jpeg

We acknowledge receipt of your below email and thank you for the interest you show in our brand.

I have been answered by our Atelier de Restauration that we cannot know if this model is of our production without having it in hands and thoroughly examined it.

Should you be interested you can forward it to us for a diagnosis which is going to be invoiced CHF 100.00.

We have to draw your attention to the fact that when the watch will be sent back to you, there will be some VAT and customs fees which will be at your charge. As they depend on each country, we are not able to inform you about their amount. If you decide to send it, please add a copy of this email so that our service know already you have been informed of the administrative charges.

We thank you for your understanding and stay at your disposal should you need additional information

2. Gambba

Gambba Apr 1, 2019

Seems like decent value for money to me.

I’d expect they have documentation that is not in the public domain, but whether it has specific information on this watch is another thing. Record keeping never appears to have been a strong point of Heuer.

Worth a punt I’d say.

3. SteveP

SteveP Apr 1, 2019

Well, I stand by my opinion that I see no reason to doubt it's authenticity so on that basis alone I don't see the merit in it necessarily. That said you are obviously keen to know it is an original and authentic model so I would say YES, especially for the sake of 100chf.

I further wonder if this may set a very interesting precedent of TH being able to verify some of the other questionable vintage models and if their opinion would change on some of them (from unknown to positive) if they were sent an example; OR would this only apply to models they already knew were likely in their vintage portfolio....? Hmm....

4. Yago

Yago Apr 2, 2019

CHF 100 is pretty decent. The duties and VAT may not be.

5. Chef40

Chef40 Apr 2, 2019

I think it’s genuine but would be interesting to find out what heuer would say. I have used the extract of archives from omega on several times and it does add value in my experience. I would like to think they made several with a blue dial for someone but could be deluding myself lol

6. SteveP

SteveP Oct 18, 2019

Hi Chef, did you ever get the watch validated by Heuer?

I think you've moved it on now but here is another up for auction soon, which bodes well for the authenticity-
    [​IMG]
    Best, Steve

abrod520 and Gambba like this.
  7. Chef40

Chef40 Oct 21, 2019

Hi Steve. I sold it back to the guy I bought it off and bought a carrera 1553 instead