Reader's Drives - What's your current motor? :-)

I see it's a short walk to your desk when you park up... :D

Lovely colour, and the black pack sets it off.

I drive a Honda S2000 (with the top down whenever possible) and she has a Seat Leon for sensible duties, a picture of my Honda will follow when it's daylight. Some tasty motors on show above, my wife says I'm not allowed a Jag, for a reason unknown and I do as I'm told(sometimes).
Edited:

I've gone through several old and new Alfa Romeos. Back in Melbourne I have this one waiting for me...
IMG_2725.jpg
The 635 is my favorite BMW shape of all time. Absolutely timeless.

I have a 2008 Vauxhall Corsa diesel van. I spend all my money on watches!

I still think David wins this thread with the 635 :)

This was the 635 I had back in the day, one of my biggest regrets is scrapping it when the auto box failed in Rome, I should have parked it up and gone back with the trailer.

83_gfx.jpg

I think the same, but let's just wait for some more competition...R8 or similar.
Btw, nice flames on the fender...:D (those wipers on the lights are top!)

This was the 635 I had back in the day, one of my biggest regrets is scrapping it when the auto box failed in Rome, I should have parked it up and gone back with the trailer.

83_gfx.jpg

True, a classic today.

I think the same, but let's just wait for some more competition...R8 or similar.
Btw, nice flames on the fender...:D (those wipers on the lights are top!)

German cars seem to have a good reputation. Please let me introduce a completely different car. In 1997 my father bought one of the first Subaru Outback in Germany. At that time this car was nearly unknown here. So far it has done 165.000 km, which doesn't seem dangerous. The 2,5 litres flat engine has a comfortable sound, however, is not afraid of fuel. Hope it will stay with me for a long time.

MINI Coupe' S (daily driver which is as about much fun as you can pack in a little car)
535 hp Shelby Mustang, signed by Carroll Shelby (just for fun)

83_gfx.jpg

:cool: First 635 that I've seen with flames!

Have to say that if you think vintage watch values are out of control, take a look at the classic car market. The 1980s are red hot (unlike watches!). I was looking around on the weekend and found a nice white E30 M3 near me...for NZ$140,000!

The E30 m3 is top of my list of 'cars I should have bought when they were 5k' :(

The Daytona is for when I want to get stupid - about 600bhp/metric tonne and a 0-60 of bang on 3 seconds. The hardest problem is keeping the front wheel down...no anti-wheelie on these older bikes!

IMG_0001.JPG

If I'm in a more sedate mood (or want to stay dry!) then there's slightly modified Mini Cooper S with a 15% reduced supercharger pully and a MillTech exhaust system - good for about 200bhp but only weighs 1200kg. 0-60 is about 6.5 secs and there's not much will keep up with it on twisty country lanes - a real grown up go-kart!

IMG_0007.jpg

Nice to see a couple of Minis here. Unfortunately, I got rid of mine and regret it ever since
IMAG0395b.jpg

I haven't seen any real Minis yet, only BMWs and they don't count I'm afraid.

My first car was a 1983 Mini City 1000 that looked something like this:

classic-mini-city-1000-mini-cooper-limited-edition-rare-vehicle-1.JPG

My first mini was back in '75, early model but fired with 1300cc engine on twin su carbs, unfortunately long before I started taking pictures and storing them.