Forums Latest Members
  1. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Nov 3, 2016

2. friendharry

friendharry Nov 5, 2016

I hope it'll come with better water resistance, GPS included and 2. Days mini battery life

3. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Nov 5, 2016

Yes, all good improvements. My #1 wish for the next generation is an improved display and design. From the beginning, Intel argued against using OLED and that is why they used LCD, but I hope they find a way to achieve it.

4. elbeik

elbeik Nov 6, 2016

I hope there will be a slightly smaller version..

5. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Nov 6, 2016

We'll see. Maybe they will release a smaller size in a more unisex friendly design.

6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Nov 6, 2016

From what JC Biver said in the last interview, there will be a family of Connected models...so I think its certain that we'll get some options

7. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Nov 6, 2016

I think more options are always welcomed; I just hope this is a big step forward in terms of quality and capabilities.

8. Tbone

Tbone Nov 15, 2016

Guys- I have a buddy with one of these- Where can he get the leather band for it??

9. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Nov 15, 2016

Ask him to call the local TAG Heuer office, or boutique. They should be able to help him order the leather band.

10. CaptDngr

CaptDngr Nov 27, 2016

Hmm, is it really sold out?

I see it available for purchase on the TAG Online Boutique... And am about to order one.

11. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Nov 28, 2016

If you want one and see it available, then go for it.

12. CaptDngr

CaptDngr Nov 30, 2016

13. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Nov 30, 2016

14. CaptDngr

CaptDngr Nov 30, 2016

Makes sense, I suppose.

Looks like I'll just have to wait until early next year, and I'll just get an even better / newer Connected watch.

15. calibre11user

calibre11user Dec 23, 2016

Recent news about Android Wear watches.

1. It seems that a lot of manufacturers are bailing out on Android Wear watches, at least in near future.

https://www.xda-developers.com/moto...martwatch-for-the-launch-of-android-wear-2-0/

It started to make sense why companies like LG, Huawei and Motorola didn’t have any plans to release a new Android Wear smartwatch in 2016. The platform, and market as a whole, is somewhat struggling right now, but many hoped it would be revitalized with the release of Android Wear 2.0.

2. However, it seems that Google knows of two manufacturers ready to launch flagship Android wear watches. Undoubtedly, one of those is TAG Heuer.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/22/14057656/google-smartwatch-android-wear-2-0-launch

The new models will not have Google or Pixel branding, but will be branded by the company that is manufacturing them. Chang says that Google collaborated with the manufacturer — which he wouldn’t name, but said has produced Android Wear devices in the past — on the hardware design and software integration for the watches.

16. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 23, 2016

I also read the news about the upcoming two manufacturers from a different source. Hopefully the new TAG Heuer Connected is one of those two manufacturers, and will offer tighter integration and improved capabilities. I am really looking forward to this new version.

17. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 17, 2017

Well the first two devices that will have Android Wear 2.0 have been leaked, and unfortunately none is from TAG Heuer. Both of these LG watches will reportedly arrive on February 9th alongside Android Wear 2.0 itself.
    https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/17/lg-nexus-like-android-wear-smartwatches/
    LG.jpg

The next TAG Heuer Connected can't be too far away; let's hope it's sooner than Baselworld.

18. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 17, 2017

I have heard some whispers on Connected 2...but I can't share them at this stage, other than to say that you might usually expect that the next model will take the "Apple-approach" of a slightly faster processor, better screen, new software, etc combined with a new case or strap design.

But that is not the case with Connected 2. It is a total re-think of the concept of a smartwatch from a luxury Swiss watchmaker, as well as having the "usual" new features and improved specs.

Sorry for the teaser, but hopefully will be able to share more details as we get closer to Basel.

ASW likes this.
  19. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 17, 2017

WOW! Better than expected! :thumbsup:

20. dtf

dtf Jan 18, 2017

That's great news, there is literally no way I would buy the current connected (or android wear, or iwatch), with their massive limitations, very interested to see what they come up with.

Hopefully this means the mechanical replacement for the connected will start springing up.

Wastelanderuk likes this.