Forums Latest Members

Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected E2 Modular 45

1. gnc1000

gnc1000 Sep 22, 2017

Received the update this morning (turned off Bluetooth, manually checked for update to get it)

Battery life is now insane!

Screenshot_20170922-181908.png

genes888 and Hubert like this.
  2. Vazhap

Vazhap Sep 22, 2017

Why is everything so hard on this watch? Ive had it for 3 months and after moving from Apple I have to say this is terrible. I'm a life long Tag fan, but this product is really poor. Am I the only one accepting this?

dtf likes this.
  3. Vazhap

Vazhap Sep 22, 2017

I can't blame you, It's a very "ok" product that's way overpriced. I would go back to the iwatch in a heartbeat. Looking to sell asap after 4 months.

4. Iñaki

Iñaki Sep 23, 2017

I have the modular since April ( before , the Connected 46) and love it. Firstly , had the apple watch ( A iphone user and sold it because didn´t like the design.
    In software, I think that the iOS watch is better that android wear, but I only need a Gps to run, good battery ( today don´t have the last firmware installed) , water resistant, see notifications of imessage, telegram, whatsapp,..., incoming calls and others apps. To me, write in the watch is very uncomfortable

Wing likes this.
  5. chrisuk

chrisuk Sep 23, 2017

Going to perform a factory reset, I can’t connect it at all now, as soon as you turn on Bluetooth, it turns itself off seconds later.....

6. chrisuk

chrisuk Sep 23, 2017

7. Iñaki

Iñaki Sep 23, 2017

Did you try with other phone? Is to discard things

8. chrisuk

chrisuk Sep 23, 2017

Same phone, redownloaded app, factory reset watch & updated watch firmware.

The phone shouldn’t be turning the watch Bluetooth on/off though.....

9. dtf

dtf Sep 23, 2017

I don't own one, but that's definitely the impression I've got from reading this thread. It seems like android wear is the issue. Notably Samsung have moved away from it for their watches now.

Wing likes this.
  10. JcMarin

JcMarin Sep 23, 2017

It may just be placebo effect but 2 days with the update and I do feel it has better Battery life and more responsive/faster?

11. gnc1000

gnc1000 Sep 23, 2017

I've had many Android Wear watches since the first Moto 360, and certainly there have always been some issue with them pertaining to changing phones, Bluetooth and the like.

Always cured with a factory reset and resync

For me at least the Tag has been the best Android Wear watch I've had-- the only issue early on had been battery life-- and even before this latest update it had improved to last into the evening, but now even better (well into the next day)

At least for me, very pleased with this device, it is worn every day.

genes888, Wing, Iñaki and 1 other person like this.
  12. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Sep 23, 2017

I love both my TAG Heuer Connected watches (OG 46mm & Modular 45). The connectivity is pretty good with Google's Pixel phones. I wear both watches regularly and have been some of my favorites of all time. Love 'em!

weephillie, dtf, Wing and 2 others like this.
  13. Johnno

Johnno Sep 24, 2017

Like others, I’m having BT problems with my iPhone since the iOS 11 update. The watch seems to disconnect from the phone while charging overnight, and requires a restart to reconnect in the morning. A first world problem, I know, but given the price of the watch, I expect something a bit more seamless. Any ideas?

duggie1982 likes this.
  14. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Sep 24, 2017

hi all,

im after a charging stand for my wifes michael kors access, im pretty sure i saw a link posted to someone who sells charging adapters so that a widely available apple watch stand could be used. i thought it was on this forum but cant seem to find it... does anyone have this link / know what im talking about or am i going mad??

thanks in advance

15. Jcr

Jcr Sep 24, 2017

So I finally got the update to work and update to Apple iOS 11 and since then Bluetooth keeps dropping , I’ve done all the factory resets ,reinstalled android wear on the iPhone and tried every other suggestion and it keeps failing !
    Fustrating !

16. glide

glide Sep 24, 2017

I finally decided to return my watch. There were just too many connectivity and battery issues. That, along with the overall experience of Android wear, lack of support, and apple having a superior product at a fraction of the price were all drivers in my decision.

Hopefully the next model will improve upon some of these flaws and include some hardware changes like a heart rate monitor. The watch certainly looked nice but for something that will be obsolete within the year the value just was not there for me.

17. gnc1000

gnc1000 Sep 24, 2017

Check out Fat Dog Mods very clever and inexpensive adapters for those 'common' apple watch stands to adapt them to do something useful. :cool:

PedroHeuer85 likes this.
  18. dtf

dtf Sep 25, 2017

That's a strong recommendation, but the issue seems to be characterisic across all android watches, they just don't seem to offer the stable UX I would expect from a £500 watch, let alone a £1500 watch. Have you tried any other smart watches? Samsung and Garmin fenix both offer batteries that last around a week, and apple seem to have got the connectivity dialed.

That's a really impressive statement given your collection! I've always wondered how you manage to wear the Connected over a JH80 or Monaco.

19. genes888

genes888 Sep 25, 2017

Hey mate, those mods look sweet. However, they don't ship to Australia unfortunately for me!
    Anyone else found another mod supplier that ships internationally?
    Thanks

20. genes888

genes888 Sep 25, 2017

Hey All,
    New member to the forum. Based in Brisbane, Australia.
    I've had the new update on my modular 45 for a few days now and can happily say that the battery life of my watch has improved dramatically.
    I used to get on average about 12-14 hours of battery life daily. That is with minimal notifications from whatsapp & email turned on, location services (GPS) turned off and running the standard Tag watch faces with AOD.
    Since the latest update, I am now happily getting 20-25 hours of battery life from the watch. See my attached image from todays usage. Off charge since 8.45am, used GPS twice from my ride to & from work, receiving whatsapp notifications throughout the day, at approx 11pm AEST my watch has 41% battery remaining & approx 10 hours life left!
    Awesome!
    cheers!

tag heuer connected 45 battery stat 01.jpeg