Forums Latest Members

Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected E2 Modular 45

1. duggie1982

duggie1982 Sep 14, 2017

I have had the very same problem, with no changes to the watch but did update iPhone to IOS11 so going to investigate further

2. gavinl1967

gavinl1967 Sep 14, 2017

Is anyone else having bluetooth issues? My watch is showing as 'Disconnected' even though it appears it is connected on my phone?

3. sailtx109

sailtx109 Sep 17, 2017

I got a new phone (Android) and had to unpair and delete, I was able to get all apps back on the watch except google messages. I have tried via WiFi, from the phone and directly from the play store to no avail. Any suggestions?

4. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Sep 18, 2017

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone is able to create the Kingsman chrono watch face or has one already they can share with me... managed to find one on Google but it wouldn't let me open the file in Watchmaker :(

5. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Sep 18, 2017

A link was posted on this thread several pages back.

6. PedroHeuer85

I have wondered this myself... Maybe they don't want to take away the exclusivity of the kingsman watch by releasing it to all?

7. PedroHeuer85

Oh really?? I did have a search but didn't spot anything... Will have to have another go lol

8. tswire

tswire Sep 18, 2017

What's the latest firmware? I have NXH19N

9. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Sep 18, 2017

Good to know; I'm not wearing the Modular today, so will try to update later.

10. tswire

tswire Sep 18, 2017

K, weird, they changed FW numbering/naming convention. I still do not have it and manually tried with no luck. I do notice now though that my "system up to date" screen is a very dark green instead of really bright...never noticed that before!! oh well

11. nelsinho

nelsinho Sep 18, 2017

Pedro,

PM me and I will try to send you the one I downloaded back in July.

duggie1982 likes this.
  12. tswire

tswire Sep 19, 2017

Still no update for me in Canada. Anyone else?

13. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Sep 19, 2017

I have spent the last 2 hours trying to apply the latest update. After over upwards of 20 attempts, it finally did it!

Here's what I had to do, to get this update to apply:
    Make sure your watch is fully charged.
    Ensure WiFi is connected.
    Disable Bluetooth on the watch.
    Having "Bluetooth on" will keep "disconnecting the WiFi" when the phone is in range.
    4. Go to Settings > System > About > System Updates
    If you see the System is up to date "green check", keep "clicking it" (rapid pace touches) until you see the screen change and detect the update.
    Again, for this to work, you must be connected to WiFi and with Bluetooth off.
    6. Monitor the download progress.
    I had to keep touching the screen (with up and down constant movements) to ensure the progress bar wouldn't disappear.
    7. When the download is fully verified hit the option to apply, then swipe to dismiss and go back to the Main dial.
    In my case, if I didn't dismiss the dialog, the countdown would never fully complete and the "System up to date (green check)" would suddenly reappear causing the whole update to be lost! Restarting the watch manually would not apply the update. I had to repeat the entire download procedure several times until I found the workaround.
    8. Finally wait for a few seconds, in my case the System update notification appeared. Going through this notification should complete and apply the update.

Let me know if you see a different behavior.

14. tswire

tswire Sep 19, 2017

Will try later at home...anything significantly different?

15. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Sep 19, 2017

Haven't noticed anything yet. I've been pretty busy trying to catch up on other things.

16. johnwfrancis

johnwfrancis Sep 19, 2017

Hi Guys,

I've been using the mechanical module for a few days, and I've just left the AW module on the charger puck. It usually sits there with a blank screen, but will wake up if I tap it. Today, I went to use the AW module again, and it was completely unresponsive. Holding the crown button in even for more than 30 seconds did nothing.

Any ideas about anything else I can try?

Thanks!

17. johnwfrancis

johnwfrancis Sep 19, 2017

Okay, replying to my own post. It looks like the battery ran down because it wasn't on the puck correctly. Removing it, letting it sit for a few hours and putting it back on the puck solved things. One other thing I've learned, do NOT put it on the puck when the watch is powered off. It gets hot enough to prevent start up--it also doesn't appear to charge.

18. danwel

danwel Sep 20, 2017

Hi people, new to the forum and have a slight issue with my modular connected.

Purchased the watch around two months ago and have noticed wife drop out. The wifi icon still shows as connected but will not refresh apps or load pages.

Initially i had thought it was my network but on a recent trip to my fiends in America i was suffering the same issue so deduced it could be the phone and have since had the handset replaced by apple to rule that out.

Which leaves the watch itself. The watch does drop bluetooth now and again but nothing to get excited about but it will sometimes after an hour or sometimes after 20 mins just stop working. In that my phone will not load any pages up. I have deduced it is the watch because once turned off and removed from the pairing in bluetooth the phone works perfectly.

i am at at loss as to what to do with this as i have a watch that is essentially useless. FYI i am using IOS on an iPhone 7.

thanks

19. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Sep 20, 2017

The watch will try to use Bluetooth as the preferred method when the phone is in range. If you are not getting data on the watch, try disabling Bluetooth, when connected to WiFi.

20. chrisuk

chrisuk Sep 20, 2017

Hi all,

I’ve been having a problem with my modular 45 with the Bluetooth turning itself on/off, causing constant dropouts in phone connection.

Has anyone had this before & could offer any advice ?

I’m so disappointed with this watch, only had it a few months & I’ve had the front bezel fall off, the strap come off and the black ceramic screen surround is scratched.

I would expect a LOT more from a watch costing £2600 !!

Quick vid to demonstrate