Forums Latest Members

Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected E2 Modular 45

1. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Sep 3, 2017

From my understanding the steel is more susceptible to scratches where the ceramic is almost scratch resistant... In my opinion it is worth investing in the latter, although I do rather like the look of the steel bezel

2. Mark S

Mark S Sep 4, 2017

Can somebody please help. Using iPhone with Android Wear 2. Trying to get my heart rate monitor to work, but no luck. Which APP on google play works ?

3. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Sep 4, 2017

Thanks for this Hurbert, I had this same dilemma.. not sure why I didn't think of this though haha

Hubert likes this.
  4. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Sep 4, 2017

The TAG Heuer Connected watches do not have a heart rate monitor sensor.

5. Mark S

Mark S Sep 4, 2017

Dear Hubert, purchased mine on Saturday and the salesman assured me it has one. Certainly has some sensor on the back that resembles one.

6. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Sep 4, 2017

Sorry to be the one to break it to you Mark, but the TAG Heuer Connected watches do not have a Heart rate monitor.

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/tag-heuer-modular-45-hands-on-review
    https://www.engadget.com/2017/04/24/tag-heuer-connected-modular-45-review/
    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/201...t-smartwatch-is-modular-still-very-expensive/
    http://www.t3.com/reviews/tag-heuer-connected-modular-45-review

7. Mark S

Mark S Sep 5, 2017

8. dtf

dtf Sep 5, 2017

Wow that's a massive functionally gap given the price. I am amazed they shipped out without.

9. Mark S

Mark S Sep 5, 2017

Dear Hubert,

Salesman made a mistake. He spoke to tag who informed him that the HRM are not accurate enough so they are not included in the package. Thanks

10. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Sep 5, 2017

Welcome; best of luck Mark.

11. sailtx109

sailtx109 Sep 6, 2017

Is it possible to have it connected to two phones (personal android and work iPhone) simultaneously without messing anything up?

12. chrisuk

chrisuk Sep 7, 2017

I think I looked into this a few months ago and found it wasn't possible.

I wanted to connect it to my personal iPhone plus work iPhone, but found it couldn't be done.

If something new does arise though which offers this functionality, please let me know :)

13. Iñaki

Iñaki Sep 7, 2017

I think that it's possible ( mentioned in this thread) with and app: Airlink?

14. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Sep 8, 2017

So finally got my M45 back from Tag after being without it for almost 7weeks and see that there are now 2 additional interactive faces... Strava and La Liga... When did this happen?

Hoping that with their partnership with the Premier League they'll soon do an interactive face for this so I can get all the updates for my team right on my wrist

15. Iñaki

Iñaki Sep 9, 2017

I saw them about 2 weeks ago

16. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Sep 9, 2017

Quite like the Strava one but I don't go running or anything ATM

17. Matt-the-man

Matt-the-man Sep 9, 2017

Yes, Aerlink (note the e). It works, I use my C45 connected to my work Samsung S8 and personal iPhone 7.

It's not perfect, iPhone drops connection every day or two but simple enough to reconnect.

Iñaki likes this.
  18. deansaddigh

deansaddigh Sep 9, 2017

Hi All,

Does anyone have issues with reminders?
    I say ok google set reminder and it succcesfuly saved it. However I never then get reminded.
    This is the functionality that I use the most.
    I'm using my tag Heuer connected 45 with my phone 7.
    Anyone have any ideas as to get it working consistently.
    In all honesty I regret buying it, for me it's just not good enough and I feels like I always have to do everything twice to get it to work.
    I brought the Watch because I thought that basic functionality would work really well, But unfortunately the user experience isnt great, I shouldn't feel dissapointed after spending 1500.
    I'm struggling to justify wearing it lover my Apple Watch. I really want to love this Watch, if I can get the reminders working constantly I would be a little happier.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Edited Sep 9, 2017
  19. Mark S

Mark S Sep 10, 2017

Using iPhone 7. Can not get my contacts to the watch. They are all on my google account. Any advice ?

20. deansaddigh

deansaddigh Sep 10, 2017

H
    Hi Mark,
    I asked the same question and got the answer from tag, see below:

Dear Mr Saddigh,

Thank you for your email.

It is possible to add contacts to your watch when paired with the iPhone ( proceess below ); however as you are aware at this moment in time it is not possible to use the contacts when they are on the watch to message / call etc. The contacts will just be displayed to view their telephone number details.

We are continually seeking to improve the compatability with iPhone but we cannot confirm if this is an option that will be available anytime soon.

How to Import your contacts from your iPhone to your Gmail account in order to view on the TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45.

1. Tap the Settings Icon on your iPhone.
    2. Tap iCloud to enter iCloud settings.
    3. Enable Contact Sync with iCloud. Make sure the slider bar for the “Contacts” category is enabled (green). This will make sure your iCloud account is always synced with your iPhone.
    4. Navigate to iCloud.com, enter your Apple ID credentials and click the sign-in arrow.
    5. Click the Contacts Icon.
    6. Select a contact. You can also hit Ctrl+A (on a PC) or CMD+A (on a Mac) to select all contacts.
    7. Click the Settings gear icon in the bottom left corner.
    8. Select Export vCard. A .vcf file will download.
    9. Open Gmail Contacts. If Google sends you to the Material Design version (which has a thick blue banner), click "Go to the old version" in the right menu.
    10. Click Import Contacts from the left menu. If you don't see that, drag down the Hangouts menu by clicking and
    11. Click Choose File.
    12. Select the file that you just downloaded from iCloud and click Open. It will likely be found in your “Downloads” folder on a PC or Mac.
    13. Click "Import" to bring your contacts into Gmail. After a quick upload, your contact(s) will be available in Gmail's address book.
    14. You have now imported iPhone contacts into Gmail. Please re-start the watch and note that it may take a couple of minutes for the contacts to sync with your watch.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

crewmeal likes this.