Forums Latest Members
  1. jantjewgm

jantjewgm Nov 8, 2020

Hi people,

I would like to get your opinions about this Heuer watch. I am thinking of buying it, and would like to know what you guys think of it. Does it seem genuine and original? I am not an expert, I just like the look of it.
    Thanks in advance.

Heuer 1.jpg Heuer 2.jpg Heuer 3.jpg Heuer 4.jpg Heuer 5.jpg
  2. imagwai

imagwai Nov 8, 2020

I am far from an expert on vintage Heuer, but I would say it all looks original to me, except the top pusher and maybe crown (although not sure if this should be signed or not).

3. jantjewgm

jantjewgm Nov 9, 2020

Thank you sir. And the dial, do you think thats all correct, or is that redone at some point?
    Have a nice day.

4. imagwai

imagwai Nov 9, 2020

My guess is original, but the lume could have been redone, especially on the hands.

5. Passover

Passover Nov 9, 2020

Hi,

some points:

Did you already recheck with OTD?
    http://www.onthedash.com/chronograph/carrera-2447-decimal-first/

Dial looks original to me but the condition is not very good: You have stains, the laquer layer is damaged...

Comparing the lume - IMO the hands have been either been relumed or taken from another watch. The second hand is wrong or lacking the tail part.

What is the asking price? Unless its cheap I would stay away from it...

Hope that helps, good luck!

6. imagwai

imagwai Nov 9, 2020

Just re-reading your original post. If you simply like the look of the watch and are not dead set on owning real vintage, then check out the CS3110 reissue from the 1990s. Case size is identical and the dial is also (minus the "Carrera" marking). This is my one. Plenty for sale too if you check Chrono24. Will be cheaper and more reliable. 20200928_145508.jpg

PhillipDB and Passover like this.
  7. Passover

Passover Nov 9, 2020

8. jantjewgm

jantjewgm Nov 9, 2020

Thank you for the helpful reply. The asking price is 3500euros. I think after reading all this, the price is way too high, isnt it?

9. Passover

Passover Nov 9, 2020

IMO yes the price is too high.

From what I have learned about buying vintage watches is that it makes no sense buying medium(-) quality watches in order to save money.

In the end you don't enjoy wearing them and it will be difficult to resell them later.

calling @abrod520

abrod520 and SmithSJ like this.
  10. imagwai

imagwai Nov 9, 2020

Agree with this. Far better to extend your budget and get the best example you can find. Or if that's too much, go for a modern vintage interpretation.

11. abrod520

abrod520 Nov 9, 2020

The dial is very dirty, so I would want much higher-resolution photos of those spots between 1-2 and 4-5 as they look like chipped paint and potentially rust.

The chrono hand is indeed wrong or missing the tail as has been said. Plus, for an early example like this one, I'd expect a hex-caseback (though this is not a hard and fast rule).

It's not terrible - it's certainly got charm and everything else is all right (pushers, crown are correct; case looks nice) but I would want to know for sure what's up with the dial, and then I would want to spend no more than maybe $3,000 US for it only if those spots on the dial were not oxidation.

12. MarkMoss

MarkMoss Nov 11, 2020

There are no hex backs (count the number of sides) ;). I advocate for calling them poly backs instead. There were only ever a very few early on - this watch isn’t early enough to expect one really.

Totally agree with the rest of the assessment.

13. abrod520

abrod520 Nov 11, 2020

You're absolutely right lol - I had forgotten the term for them as hadn't discussed them in ages!