Off-topic: Zenith equivalent to 45mm Heuer 01

Zenith recently launched a new watch that's similar to the 45mm Heuer 01 ceramic: the new Zenith El Primero Skeleton. This watch is 45mm and in all-black ceramic. And while it isn't the first time that Zenith has done it, the logo is on the underside of the sapphire glass, similar to the prototype models of the Heuer 01. Looks like JC Biver is spreading the Hublot DNA into Zenith as well.

Zenith-El-Primero-Skeleton-49.2520.400.98.R578-2-thumb-autox943-31118.jpg

Zenith recently launched a new watch that's similar to the 45mm Heuer 01 ceramic: the new Zenith El Primero Skeleton. This watch is 45mm and in all-black ceramic. And while it isn't the first time that Zenith has done it, the logo is on the underside of the sapphire glass, similar to the prototype models of the Heuer 01. Looks like JC Biver is spreading the Hublot DNA into Zenith as well.

Zenith-El-Primero-Skeleton-49.2520.400.98.R578-2-thumb-autox943-31118.jpg

Yes, agree with you that this is the same idea as the Heuer-01 transferred across to the El Primero- think I prefer this date execution

Yes, I saw this the other day and drew the same conclusion. JCB is spreading his vision and taste across the brands under his purview.

Zenith is also now embarking on the collaborations / endorsements fiesta.
First a Hodinkee special (great looking to be honest), Cohiba limited edition, Land Rover, association with vintage racers etc...

I'm not a fan of the Hodinkee special but I quite like the Land Rover model. I really liked the 36000VPH Classic Cars whe it was launched but the more I looked at it the less I liked it. It's off my radar now.
Edited:

I'm not a fan of the Hodinkee special but I quite like the Land Rover model. I really like the 36000VPH Classic Cars whe it was launched but the more I looked at it the less I liked it. It's off my radar now.
What don't you like about it? I reckon it looks great!

Personally i think they both look great. But personally i think land rover win it between the two.

Just a matter of taste i guess

I think I prefer the zenith to the 01, look forward to trying them on side by side

Not sure if you mean the Hodinkee or the Classic Cars.... Hodinkee: I think it is the subdial arrangement which fits in with my general preference of modern over vintage. Classic Cars: not sure, I just went off this one. That has happened with many watches I have taken an initial liking to. Luckily I don't buy on a whim so have yet to flip anything I have bought.