Forums Latest Members
  1. Greatoldone

Greatoldone Feb 10, 2017

Hi,

I've just acquired this Heuer watch, which I have been told is circa 1946. I was wondering if anyone had any further information about it, as I am having difficulty tracking down the model and exact date.

I have serial numbers and movement numbers if required, and have been told it's 14K gold, and has a Landeron Calibre 13 movement.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If it's of any help, here's the listing and further pics from the retailer I purchased it from:

http://awco.nl/winkel/vintage-collectie/heuer/chronograaf-tropical

Thanks in advance,

Jason

erich77 likes this.
  2. Greatoldone

Greatoldone Feb 12, 2017

I guess it's a bit of a puzzler then... I do hope it isn't a pup.

3. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 13, 2017

Hi there,

Watches from this era are always hard to verify...there's just less information on them out there.

I don't know of this specific model- but it is certainly based on a mid-1940s Heuer. My only question is the dial- it looks like a wash has been applied which has run some of the colour.

4. Greatoldone

Greatoldone Feb 13, 2017

So the dial may have been doctored? That's disappointing. It's one of the things that attracted me to in the first place - the unusual colour. The vendor believed it to have been discoloured by age.

The movement is in perfect working order. If it's not an original face, maybe it may be worth finding a face that is more 'legit'

5. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 13, 2017

I don't know about doctored...it looks like someone has scrubbed the dial (the circular pattern)...but having a watchmaker look under a loupe would tell for sure

6. Greatoldone

Greatoldone Feb 19, 2017

Calibre11 and erich77 like this.