New Post: The Monaco V4 Platinum as Daily Wearer

Then in the blue corner, we have the pragmatists, who believe that any watch is bought to be worn and worn often in all conditions. They may even throw the box out on the way home if it’s going to take up too much space.
:eek:

Great to read this and seeing the battle scar pics.

I'm more in the baby blue corner, wear it as much as possible but keep all that comes with is. Even have the receipt and all for my 20+ year old Kirium.

Personally I think Platinum’s too soft for a beater. But it is all relative. Depends what’s being done on a daily basis. Horses do courses and all that. Even if the cost is trivial it does seem a shame to scuff up such a nice watch ‘unnecessarily”.

Great photos! Stunning watch, but it does look B2F given it was ‘mint’ 3 years ago!
Edited:

In fact, David had to modify his golf swing to take into account the additional platinum weight that now sits on his left wrist.

Brilliant!

Same as cars! I’d rather be in the blue / pragmatist corner. Cars are built for speed and in itself dynamic. Do you enjoy looking at it :whistling: or do you enjoy driving it to the limits :thumbsup: I found that having a balance is good but I get the RUSH more when I use them ;)

Similar to all my watches, although some get more wrist time than others. :)

Great TAG Heuer Monaco V4! ::love::

Other than the relative weight of the Monaco V4, any issues with the reliability of time, mechanical noise etc..? Just curious since this is quite a revolution and a pioneering effort on mechanical watchmaking by TAG Heuer.

I don’t mind the “battle scars” Sometimes it is worth noting and telling from a collectors point of view. Clearly, it has serve its time well which is great :thumbsup:

Daily wear is one thing, but golf. Seriously? Isn't that a really bad idea?
Brilliant!

This confuses me, I thought the best way to trash your watch was to play golf in it? Maybe the unique design of the V4 means it's not an issue?

This confuses me, I thought the best way to trash your watch was to play golf in it? Maybe the unique design of the V4 means it's not an issue?
I've played golf with my watches. I mean I tend not to, but have done it and nothing bad has ever happened.

I've played golf with my watches. I mean I tend not to, but have done it and nothing bad has ever happened.

It's just I remember this video on yotube by CRM Jewellers (Eric) he went to the driving range wearing his Royal Oak and it seized up completely. And some manufacturers make special 'Golf' watches to take the punishment... I never really understood why golf would be so stressful on a watch and maybe it isn't?

It wasn't so much that he wears it whilst playing golf, but the fact that he modified his swing to take account of the heft of the chunk of platinum on his wrist.

My dad's super avenger stopped running after a round of golf when it was about 2 years old, had to be sent to Switzerland for repair, these days he only rocks the chinese digital apple wrist mini ipad when golfing

I have to say that while I wear all of my watches, I couldn't live with a case that was scratched like that...would polish ot for sure.

Has anyone else noticed how "cheap" the V4 is getting? You can buy a near-new Titanium V4 for US$32k. Still a lot of money, but not a big premium over a brand new Carrera Heuer 02T

I guess it's becoming old news and although it's a Monaco, it's not really a Monaco in the true sense...

I don't mind the scratches. If i have to buy it used from someone else, i rather have the scratches than have it polished by the previous owner.

That being said, the most annoying part of me is the movement inaccuracy. It kills me if the watch start making +10 s/d.