New authenticty card

I left my son's watch into the jewellers.
They sent it of for annual check.
Upon the return,they didn't give me the original card with the serial no:
I contacted them and they issued a new one.
It's not the same as the original.
They have told me its valid.
My question is if this was to be sold or becomes a limited addition watch.
Would any seller buy it with this new card or has the jewellers got me over a barrel.

How old is your son's watch?

The warranty card in your picture looks to be the current style. TAG Heuer changes the look of their warranty cards every few years. So if your son's watch is something like 5 years old, they probably couldn't get the exact same card as a replacement any more.

The main thing is that it has a valid warranty number on the back. The serial number is usually hand written on the card by the authorized dealer, along with the date of purchase.

How old is your son's watch?

The warranty card in your picture looks to be the current style. TAG Heuer changes the look of their warranty cards every few years. So if your son's watch is something like 5 years old, they probably couldn't get the exact same card as a replacement any more.

The main thing is that it has a valid warranty number on the back. The serial number is usually hand written on the card by the authorized dealer, along with the date of purchase.

Thank you for your reply.
The is watch is 2yrs old.
The original card was black.
He has a photograph of it.
The serial no: of the lost card and new card don't match only the date of purchase.
Does this matter?

I think you might be referring to the warranty number, rather than the serial number.

The warranty number is preprinted on the card in large letters. The store adds their name, the serial number and purchase date to the white strip (similar looking to the signature strip of a credit card). But sometimes, they only write the store name & date or even leave the white strip totally blank. Since the warranty info is entered into TAG Heuer's electronic system.

In any case, it depends on what your main concern is. If it's for when you sell the watch, the warranty card is not necessarily proof the watch is authentic. Because many fake watches are also sold with fake warranty cards and other fake papers & boxes. But not having a proper warranty card could make some prospective buyers suspicious and wary of your sale.

If your concern is getting the watch repaired under warranty, there could be different issues. TAG Heuer has their own system that matches the watch serial number to the warranty number on the card. The store activates the warranty when it's sold to the given number on your original card. So you should show the picture of the original warranty number for repairs. That's assuming the store didn't switch the watch over to the warranty number on the new card, which I don't even know if it's possible. I'm guessing it's not.

To be sure, I'd suggest calling TAG Heuer's hotline number on their website and get clarification.