Need opinions of carrera calibre 36 flyback

Dear all good people,

Need your opinions about carrera calibre 36 flyback (picture attached)

I am not a big fan of this model. But the boutique contacted me yesterday and they gave such a HUGE discount for it. It falls around USD 5200 nett price

I want to ask, i am sure some of you might already have this in collections. Is there any difference in accuracy performance between zenith el primero chronograph and carrera calibre 36 (which all of us know this is the same movement inside)

Overall, do you guys think its a good deal ? I mean, i wouldnt even consider buying it before they offered me the discount.

Let me know your opinions

Cheers and thanks !

I have been tempted, but ultimately keep opting for different models. The design never won me over.

The interesting aspect would be the flyback chronograph mechanism that makes it unique in the TAG Heuer family.

Keep us posted if you decide to pull the trigger.

I have been tempted, but ultimately keep opting for different models. The design never won me over.

The interesting aspect would be the flyback chronograph mechanism that makes it unique in the TAG Heuer family.

Keep us posted if you decide to pull the trigger.

Yap the design also never won me over. With so many list of things i want i gotta to be honest so far the chance for me to pull the trigger are very small.

Unless anyone come with killer suggestion that its a must have......

Thanks for the fact about the flyback ! Never see it that way before

Why buy a watch you DON'T like before you own all the watches you DO?

I might grew to like it. I dont know. Hehehe. Never had a el primero movement until now.

Dear all good people,

Need your opinions about carrera calibre 36 flyback (picture attached)

I am not a big fan of this model. But the boutique contacted me yesterday and they gave such a HUGE discount for it. It falls around USD 5200 nett price

I want to ask, i am sure some of you might already have this in collections. Is there any difference in accuracy performance between zenith el primero chronograph and carrera calibre 36 (which all of us know this is the same movement inside)

Overall, do you guys think its a good deal ? I mean, i wouldnt even consider buying it before they offered me the discount.

Let me know your opinions

Cheers and thanks !

I love the Calibre 36, although not this colour combination. I prefer the white model over this and the all black, titanium model over both of them.

You were offered a good dicount due to the fact that these models are now discontinued.

Not quite. The Calibre 49 was also a Flyback.

I tried one of these on for the same reason, they were hugely discounted in an outlet. Didn't like it, so I walked away empty handed that day.

Not quite. The Calibre 49 was also a Flyback.
Very true, however I wasn't counting the Calibre 49 as it was a Dubois-Depraz 4900 movement, not a Flyback El Primero like this one. Nonetheless fair point.
That said, l imagine you know this, because the Carrera MP4-12C was orange. ;)
Edited:

If you want an el Primero movement, find yourself a nice Monza calibre 36 at much less, or, get yourself a Zenith el Primero.

My issue with this particular TH is the way the dial is segmented into two circles, with the sub dials looking a bit too close to one another.

Keep your money for something you really love. Else it will be on ebay a couple of month down the road at much less.
Trust me, I've been there.

My issue with this particular TH is the way the dial is segmented into two circles, with the sub dials looking a bit too close to one another.

The design is inspired by the design of the Mikrograph from 2011.

Keep your money for something you really love. Else it will be on ebay a couple of month down the road at much less.
Trust me, I've been there.

Couldn't agree more with this advice. Do not buy if you are in any way unsure.

Yes, these never sold as well as TAG Heuer hoped- it was the high price that made life tough for this model.

As soon as JC Biver arrived it was the end of the line for this one- too expensive, plus it used Zenith's movement, which is now a thing of the past.

Having said that, nothing wrong with the watch itself- far from it. If you could get one of these for close to the price of a 43mm Calibre 16 Day-Date, then I'd get one of these for sure.