Forums Latest Members
  1. CarrerOne

CarrerOne Dec 2, 2014

Hi all,

I've just entered the magic Vintage Heuer world and would like to share my new baby with this higly professional forum looking for qualified comments (Please dont kill me but I just bought it because of its sexy look and reasonable price with not so many info on specs, real name, reference, quotation etc....).

Heuer Vintage.JPG

In any case a second Vintage Heuer is on the way and should arrive int he next days, I will present it here soon....

Thank you for accepting me in this community
    Ciao

2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 2, 2014

Nice find! It's Heuer Ref. 73321T...and its a "post-Carrera" rather than pre. These are from around 1970 and used several of the design elements of the Carrera, but positioned as an economy range at the time.

The case is made from chrome-plated Nickel, with a stainless steel caseback, unlike the all-steel Carrera. Not sure if yours has been polished? The lugs look a little "softer" than I'd expect, but it could just be the photo.

To my eyes, it also looks like a close relative to the Carrera 12 Dato below- a watch that is officially a Carrera, even though it doesn't use the traditional Carrera case (photo by Abel Court)
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!

3. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 2, 2014

Another early Carrera I didn't know existed, that's awesome

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 2, 2014

..and that was the before photo! After Abel had worked his magic it looked like this:
    [​IMG]
    I wrote a bit about them here on the Carrera mini-site: http://carrera.calibre11.com/tag-heuer-carrera-family Like I say, they were marketed as a Carrera, but used a different case and didn't have Carrera on the dial. Either way, it's a beauty
    [​IMG]

5. CarrerOne

CarrerOne Dec 3, 2014

Hi DC,

thanks for your comments. Actually everybody is asking me if the case has been polished, I simply don't know because I just bought it last week (from a NO-trusted dealer) but I was assuming that chrome-plated Nickel could not be polished because of the risk of showing the material below the chrome... but now I think I may be wrong.

Maybe from this additional pic you can see better, what do you think?

Thanks again
    Ciao

Heuer 3641 lato.jpg